Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth and Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Our problem is that the MY will connect when calling (iPhone) out to a number but when we receive calls we get a green phone symbol appear on both the top and bottom of the screen but when I press on them to connect it doesn't. We have to answer on the iPhone and then try and manually connect it to the MY. This is very frustrating and no matter how much nosing around in the settings I do, I can't fix it. Any helpers out there.

What model of iPhone and what iOS is it running.
Have you tried removing and re-Pairing your iPhone?
Have you tried a change wheel type reboot of your Model Y?
Thanks for the reply.
As of a week ago iPhone 15 pro Max with latest software. Prior to, iPhone X with latest update.
I have repaired both phones many times and re-paired but zilch.
I have rebooted the screen on the Tesla Y a number of times but what is a 'change wheel reboot?"

Question... If a call is incoming and I get the green phone symbol (icon) appearing on the screen at the bottom AND the top, should pressing on one or the other answer the phone? If so, it doesn't with my setup for some reason. I ask this because every car in recent years answered the phone and connected to the car instantly. There are some frustrations owning a Tesla I'm finding.

I have a Model S. When an incoming call arrives, two boxes with a green and red phone icon appear. I tap the green one to answer and it comes through the car speakers. Im sure there’s a way to answer on the steering wheel but I once pressed wrong and hung up on someone, so I use the screen as it is less confusing.
To perform a wheel Configuration reset, go into the Car menu on the touchscreen and select Service. Tap the Wheel Configuration button and select a different wheel type and press Confirm. After a few moments the car will go through a reboot sequence, on my old Model S it takes about 5 minutes and both screens restart multiple times. Do the same to return your wheel configuration to the original and the process repeats. I do this once a month or whenever I experience wired software issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Power Hungry
I have a Model S. When an incoming call arrives, two boxes with a green and red phone icon appear. I tap the green one to answer and it comes through the car speakers. Im sure there’s a way to answer on the steering wheel but I once pressed wrong and hung up on someone, so I use the screen as it is less confusing.
That's how it works on the Model 3/Y too. The steering wheel answer (at least on those models) is to click-right on the left hand scroll wheel thing (the one that does media volume), as if you were changing to the next track from an audio source.

• Informative
Reactions: Power Hungry