Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone paring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had problems with their phone paring for phone calls? My car does not always pair for phone calls. I have to pair it by tapping connect 99% of the time. I have paired my phone 3 to 4 times and it does not help. I've reset the computer several times by pushing both buttons on the steering wheel, does not help. The phone works fine as a key to get into the car. It just will not pair for phone calls. My wife's phone does the same as mine.

Pairing and connnecting are 2 different things. It sounds like you are paired, just not automatically connecting.

Next time you connect, go to the bluetooth settings and make your phone a "priority device".

I’ve been having the same issue for a while, but I recently discovered a work-around that so far connects the phone every time.

Open the driver’s door, sit in the seat, depress brake and hold, close door, then release the brake. Phone connects every time.

Keith

Hey guys, a related question: What the heck is a very weird (very long ID), second bluetooth connected to the car? I can see the 'Tesla' one, but then it jumps to the other weird one. What is the deal? Like using the phone as key added that second ID, but can't figure out when it swaps them. I was also having issues connecting sometimes, but ever since I started using Spotify from the car (not bluetooth), and letting the car do its thing, haven't had any more issues, but sometimes it takes a while to recognize the phone, especially when you just 'wake it up'. Getting the hang of it, however. But curious why a second BT ID is needed. Thank you.

Hey guys, a related question: What the heck is a very weird (very long ID), second bluetooth connected to the car? I can see the 'Tesla' one, but then it jumps to the other weird one. What is the deal? Like using the phone as key added that second ID, but can't figure out when it swaps them. I was also having issues connecting sometimes, but ever since I started using Spotify from the car (not bluetooth), and letting the car do its thing, haven't had any more issues, but sometimes it takes a while to recognize the phone, especially when you just 'wake it up'. Getting the hang of it, however. But curious why a second BT ID is needed. Thank you.

as you said its the phone as key, low emissions bluetooth. Dont turn those off or delete them if you want phone as key to work properly. You will see more than one of those sometimes too.