Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of modified headlamp performance – amazing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Toyota Tacoma truck and have update my headlights to a similar version of these using the Lexus lamps....better than the original truck lights......however, my wife's 2019 Model 3 lights put these to same....there is jo way I would change her lights for these......even her turn signals flash off sign 200" away......I am expecting delivery of my new Model S within the next few weeks, I hope my lights are like hers......if so, no need to update.....sorry to read all of the losses.....but maybe some of you guys can get together and make a "nice" visit to see him....:)

Last night I shot nearly more than 100 photos of Evan Patak’s modified headlamps. See this thread for more information.

The brightness of light, the very sharp cutoff, the projection distance, the blue color at the edge of the cutoff angle make this modification exceptional.

A sample of the photos is provided below.

By way of background these are the modifications Evan made to mine:

· Lexus RX 350 Bi-X Projectors: Clear lens swap, tuned for sharpness, white demon eye.

· Morimoto xb55 (50w) Ballasts

· 6500k Morimoto bulbs.

· Finish of the black housing paint (gloss)

· Belly of the turn signal painted black.

· Front of the turn signal frosted.

The improvement in performance are nothing short of astounding, better I think than the new LED headlamps provides with new Model S’s and Model X’s.

As I don’t think the photos due them justice I’ll soon shoot a video of what I see when driving my Model S at night. And yes, they are aimed a bit high. Will fix that this evening.

If you’re willing to lay out the $ I think this is one of the best safety/performance mods you can make. And the black lamps are quite extraordinary – the gives the front of the car a how new look.

DSC_7121.jpg

DSC_7120.jpg

DSC_7098.jpg

DSC_7086.JPG

DSC_7058.jpg

DSC_7027.jpg

DSC_7019.JPG

DSC_7020.JPG
How much are this and where is the website url that I can purchase them. I want one for my p85d 2014

Someone needs to take him to small claims court or at least file a complaint with the California Bureau of Auto Repair.
Consumer

File a complaint here too, San Diego's District Attorney's office Consumer Protection - San Diego County District Attorney

Also check if he has a business license (I doubt he does).

He committed mail fraud too.
well, the last time I looked at the law, mail fraud is a federal crime....punishable by 5 years and a $10,000 fine for "EACH" occurrence.......at least that was the law when I took the bar exam.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Well, it's been some time since my post and Evan Patek did call me back and made good on the headlights. Unfortunately, I can't delete my original post. I went to visit Evan and he is a nice guy. Although it took some time which I don't have, to get this resolved, he did come through. The headlights are amazing in the end.
Turns out my second headlight went bad and once I reposted the positive feedback, he stopped responding. Like I previously said, Evan Patek is two-faced and has no interest in fixing a problem he caused if it is too much trouble. I say again, make no mistake, this guy is out to get your money and could care less about keeping you happy despite that you might be a Tesla enthusiast. The bad news for Evan is that I’m relentless in my demand for him to make good on his warranty to me even if it takes legal action to enforce my rights. What a big headache.

You guys need to get together, and have the police see it is several people, with a high dollar amount, and go after this butt head.
He should not be allowed to just get away with this. Who ever went to his house needs to cough up the location.
I went to his house and have his home address. I should run title to see if he and his wife one the home he was in when I gave him my car to install the bad headlights.

You guys need to get together, and have the police see it is several people, with a high dollar amount, and go after this butt head.
He should not be allowed to just get away with this. Who ever went to his house needs to cough up the location.
Here is the location but in looking up at title, it is owned by someone else. He may have been renting and may have moved:

10259 Parkdale Ave
San Diego, CA 92126
805-452-2670

I will be doing a private investigator search. Who is interested in going after this guy? Please let me know.