Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SYx2of7.jpg
I'd never get tired of looking at this. I just noticed that the blue emblem in your wheels is different too? Never seen that before. Where'd they come from? Nice touch.

Reactions: Mr X
Are you able to customize the message to something like "Student Driver" or "Teen Learner, Back Up"?
Only the messages pre-approved by the DMV.

Sadly the plate I had came to an end of life situation, the display was attached with glue and I think it got too hot and fell. I noticed it that night and by the time I got home the display hanging by the data wires had rendered the display unusable. Literally ripped the ribbon cable.

Back to a metal plate

I'd never get tired of looking at this. I just noticed that the blue emblem in your wheels is different too? Never seen that before. Where'd they come from? Nice touch.

Thanks! I have a problem always staring at it wherever it's parked lol

It was a biohazard sticker

elaCjnd.jpg

Got some new rims and changed it. Now the center hub is the color of the body wrap and I just put black Tesla T's instead

zADBk4c.jpg

Only the messages pre-approved by the DMV.

Sadly the plate I had came to an end of life situation, the display was attached with glue and I think it got too hot and fell. I noticed it that night and by the time I got home the display hanging by the data wires had rendered the display unusable. Literally ripped the ribbon cable.

Back to a metal plate
Ugh. That socks! Those aren't cheap. Looks like the DMV isn't issuing custom plates right now either.

Fall? Heck it's almost Winter

The messages list kept growing. I was running on "Probably on Autopilot" when the plate died, so it's gonna say that forever now that it's unpowered.

They also had many sportsball teams and all the holidays (maybe not Diwali, tomorrow). Lots of fan stuff and popular hashtags. It was always quite a chore to get thru all the possible messages when I wanted something new.

But you cannot put Truck Fump! or other profane political messages. They also claimed they were going to release a way to put an image on the plate when you are stopped. Like the full plate would shrink to the size of a plate sticker and the rest of the display could host custom art. That woulda been great. But 3 years later, no such feature.

Last edited:
Last edited: