Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic request: 275/40 tire on 20" Inductions (Michelin Pilot AS4)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been watching this thread for a while and was hoping to see what the 275/40/R20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4's looked like on the stock induction. Appreciate @Daekwan's post but since I finally bit the bullet on mines, figured I'd show it here for anyone else who's been on the fence. ~1 days worht of driving... excuse the dirty car.

So far, I do really like it compared to the stock Goodyears (I better since they're a pretty penny).

I do about ~80 miles round trip in a mix of surface streets, highway, and pothole ridden surface streets. It's pretty noticeable re: the slightly "cushier" ride w/ the extra rubber. I'm not sure if I notice any loss of steering feel but the grip is noticeably stickier. Turns that could elicit a lack of confidence before with the stock tires were far more confidence inspiring. Range didn't appear to take much of a dramatic hit was +/- 1% each way around my average (I don't do too much w/h tracking since I charge nightly at home). Figure I'd give the wider tires a try and if it really does suck, I can always revert w/ my next pair back to 255/40/R20. Tire shop did briefly size me to 275/35/R20 (said they were worried it'd rub). Glad I stuck with 40 sidewall.

The "butt" dyno does feel like the car lost some of it's liveliness on hard acceleration (with acceleration boost) compared to the stock tire (possibly due to added diameter and unsprung weight of the heavier tire).

Personally love the look of the meatier, beefier tire on the wheel. It's not dramatic but more noticeable when you come up close from an angle as I've tried to show in the last two shots.

I'm not sure I'm interested in lowering (but always a possibility for the future) to reduce the gap... but given the variability of where I drive daily, and where I'd like to drive, I don't mind the ever so slight increase in ride height.

Anyhow, hope this post helps someone who's also on the fence.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    963.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    980.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    895.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    701.8 KB · Views: 12
Been watching this thread for a while and was hoping to see what the 275/40/R20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4's looked like on the stock induction. Appreciate @Daekwan's post but since I finally bit the bullet on mines, figured I'd show it here for anyone else who's been on the fence. ~1 days worht of driving... excuse the dirty car.

So far, I do really like it compared to the stock Goodyears (I better since they're a pretty penny).

I do about ~80 miles round trip in a mix of surface streets, highway, and pothole ridden surface streets. It's pretty noticeable re: the slightly "cushier" ride w/ the extra rubber. I'm not sure if I notice any loss of steering feel but the grip is noticeably stickier. Turns that could elicit a lack of confidence before with the stock tires were far more confidence inspiring. Range didn't appear to take much of a dramatic hit was +/- 1% each way around my average (I don't do too much w/h tracking since I charge nightly at home). Figure I'd give the wider tires a try and if it really does suck, I can always revert w/ my next pair back to 255/40/R20. Tire shop did briefly size me to 275/35/R20 (said they were worried it'd rub). Glad I stuck with 40 sidewall.

The "butt" dyno does feel like the car lost some of it's liveliness on hard acceleration (with acceleration boost) compared to the stock tire (possibly due to added diameter and unsprung weight of the heavier tire).

Personally love the look of the meatier, beefier tire on the wheel. It's not dramatic but more noticeable when you come up close from an angle as I've tried to show in the last two shots.

I'm not sure I'm interested in lowering (but always a possibility for the future) to reduce the gap... but given the variability of where I drive daily, and where I'd like to drive, I don't mind the ever so slight increase in ride height.

Anyhow, hope this post helps someone who's also on the fence.

Oh man Im jealous!

Those 275/40's look so beefy on the stock 20" Induction wheels. I drive a lot.. about 2,000 miles per month. Ive already put about 7,000 miles on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S4's I got in December. That said when I've worn these down.. in what should be about 2 years.. I'm definitely going with the 275/40R20 size that you chose. As i originally pointed out.. they are $100+ cheaper tire than the 265/40R20 and the extra 10mm width of the 275's look amazing and provide even more wheel protection.

IMO this is the only tire I am ever putting on my Model Y. Unless of course Michelin comes out with a Pilot Sport A/S5 lol!

Thanks for sharing!! I've downloaded all your pictures so I can permanently reference with the 275/40R20 looks like on the Model Y. Also I love the color of your car!!! :)