Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic request: Dipped or Painted Induction wheels on your Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rusmo

Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2021
Marietta, GA
Stillllllll waiting for delivery, and I've been daydreaming of maybe doing a dip on my induction wheels to change up the stock look. Has anyone changed the color of their 20" induction wheels? If so, let's see it!

I love the inductions! Tried searching up and down the internet but only found someone who powder coated them in white. Decided to powder coated them metallic bronze. They're not the easiest to capture in pictures since the hue changes slightly depending on the amount of light that hits it. Super happy.

Hope this helps some others decide to choose some custom colors of their own too. Would love to see others!

DSC09419.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

DSC09408.jpg

DSC09927.jpg

DSC09906.jpg

DSC09921.jpg

Awesome looking rims.. mind telling us how much it cost to do it and where? i'm in the orange county area.

was about $700 for all 4 wheels powder coated. center caps are color matched and painted since they're plastic (would melt if powder coated).
check out Elevance in Hawaiin Gardens. Great work and pricing. They work on a bunch of tesla's and also do wraps and ppf. I got wheels and calipers done there. Would have gotten it wrapped there too, but ended up going with someone that was closer to me.

Reactions: rusmo
I’m not gonna lie!
I really love this look.

Can you provide info on the calipers and center caps? What kind of paint did you use for each?
Also what decal did you end up using?

We have a black MY and it’s actually my wife’s car…but bronze rims would match well to mine!

37F7DD77-77F6-4F24-A423-AEFA08D96835.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not gonna lie!
I really love this look.

Can you provide info on the calipers and center caps? What kind of paint did you use for each?
We have a black MY and it’s actually my wife’s car…but bronze rims would match well to mine!

View attachment 711953

Nice!

Center caps were painted to match the color of the powder coat. Couldn't give you the paint code as the shop just handled that and eyeballs/mixed on their own.

Calipers were also a custom mix. I'm uncertain of what brand of paint. I provided the shop with a starting photo reference and then we adjusted as needed (increasing in desired yellow in the gold). Including some photos of the process, as I was dealing with the shop via text after dropping off the car.

Apologies as this might not be as helpful as you would have hoped

Attachments

• Image from iOS (28).jpg
    Image from iOS (28).jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Image from iOS (29).jpg
    Image from iOS (29).jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 139