TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Picked up my Model 3 today.. Something's definitely wrong with my driver side door

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AMIYY4YOU, Apr 30, 2018.

1. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

First off - really happy with everything else. This car drives like a dream.

I picked my car up this morning and I got in and out of the driver seat just fine. When I'm ready to drive off with it, I try opening the door again with the regular click button, and I notice the rear passenger side window rolls down. I'm like - WTF? Tried restarting the car several times and that button literally only rolls the rear passenger side window down. And of course the rear passenger side window button rolls it down as well. Tesla told me that is indicative of a defective window controller board in that door, so they said they'll fix it ASAP. OK, I figure for now I can just use the emergency door open mechanism in the mean time. I arrive at work, park my car, make sure everything is locked and great. I come back to my car 10 min later because I forgot something - and my door is pushed open to the point where the window was rolled down but it was just slightly protruding (i.e NOT how I left it - it was flush before!). That behavior repeated 3x today.

Anyone else have a similar experience with one of their doors controllers acting wacky?

2. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Yikes that sucks! Hopefully they'll service it asap and give you a loaner. How high is your VIN?

3. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

102xx. It's just weird because of how early it malfunctioned. It worked when I tried it out but as I was driving out with it it stopped functioning properly lol.

4. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

^AI's getting cheeky. Beware, Elon's prophecy. :eek:

5. gene

gene Supporting Member

Reboot the computer and all your problems may be solved. On steering wheel, simply press down both thumb wheels at the same time for 5 seconds, then release. Wait about 20 seconds and screen will restart.