TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pics and opinions on your tan performance seats...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cab, Dec 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cab

cab Member

As I continue to consider a CPO Tesla, I am looking predominantly at P85s/P85+s with the "old" performance black or tan performance seats. Given that MC red is likely my exterior color choice, I think the MC red/tan would look sharp, BUT have a couple of questions for you owners with the tan performance seats:

1. How do you like the gray piping? This seems like a bit of an odd contrast color choice, but perhaps it is a non-issue and sort of "disappears",

2. How have your seats held up overall and particulalry the suede insert on the bolsters (wear, stains,etc.)?

Finally, I would LOVE to see pics of your interiors (esp with the red)! It is annoying that Tesla's CPO site doesn't show the "actual" cars.

Thanks!

2. EMdoc12

EMdoc12 Member

I think the only performance seats that look any good are the black with red piping. Though I've never been a fan of Tan leather the gray piping isn't really all that bad. I'd never own them but I think could be at least doable for some. The absolute worst of the 3 is the gray perf seats with tan piping. Those just look absolutely hideous. Everyone has their own opinions though so to each there own.

3. cab

cab Member

Here are the three performance seats...
    image.jpeg

4. Tourman

Tourman Member

Yeah the black with red piping would be my choice. I have Tan seats in my car, but they are the 2nd gen that are all leather without the grey stitching.

5. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

We have tan leather Next Gen seats in front and back in our Pearl White 2015 P85d... and absolutely love them !!!

6. cab

cab Member

C'mon now folks, surely there is someone out there with the performance tan seats! I certainly see enough of them online!

7. cab

cab Member

Anyone, anyone, Bueller? Bueller?

8. alwaysru

alwaysru Supporting Member

I've got them and around 35000 miles on a 2013 P85 CPO I picked up at 28000. They still look brand new on the suede portion, and until you mentioned it, I never even noticed they had grey piping. I have a Pearl White car and they look quite good with it, though I'd imagine they'd look even better with the MC Red.

9. cab

cab Member

Thanks alwaysru...a similar car to what I would be considering.

10. gutowskia

gutowskia Member

I have tan performance interior with 1st gen seats. I really like the neutral/natural color and the gray doesn't stand out at all. In fact it nicely complements the interior with the dark floor. Also, I happen to have carbon fiber trim and gray paint so all that that goes well...

image.jpeg

11. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have the tan non performance (no piping-if they had red piping I would have done it). I have a lot of wear and staining on the lumbar at my belt line. I complained to Tesla and they said it was "normal" wear. BS! I had my Acura for 7 years with no wear at all. I am going to continue to push the issue until I get them to replace the leather. Fortunately, I only notice it when I look for it. Small consolation! Other than that, I love the seats.