Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my MYP with Matte Paint Protection Film (Clear bra).
D93061E1-1924-4A8B-B7C3-5F737D8BD136.png

Can't wait to install the MPP Coilovers. In the meantime, here's a couple more. Incidentally, if your into photography, the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 S lens rocks!!
Yeah, great lens. I use the Canon equivalent, the 70-200 2.8L IS. Took a few photos today with it.

Attachments

• modelY_.jpg
    modelY_.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 293
  • modelY_-4.jpg
    modelY_-4.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 274
Did you have to custom order them? Semi concave?
No, I found them at a Mustang speed shop, open box sale. Normally they go for around $1600/set but got these for $850/set.
Yes, semi concave.

The issue with the deep concave would be the 20x9.5" size, which I didn't want due to the slight tire stretch. 9" is the perfect size for 255 tires, in my opinion, to help protect against curb rash/pot holes.
1621198361628.png

No, I found them at a Mustang speed shop, open box sale. Normally they go for around $1600/set but got these for $850/set.
Yes, semi concave.

The issue with the deep concave would be the 20x9.5" size, which I didn't want due to the slight tire stretch. 9" is the perfect size for 255 tires, in my opinion, to help protect against curb rash/pot holes.
View attachment 662924
Looks great. What a great deal on those rims! Thanks for the info.

Reactions: pt19713
This has been an awesome thread and a lot of food for thought. I think I've looked through every page of this thread and countless others. I have no idea how many pages on just the photos of the M3 as well. At this point trying to get an idea of the wheels I want to put on my white MYP that I have on order. I am considering the Signature SV104s and the Martians as well.

In general I am leaning toward an anthracite or bronze colored wheel for it. While I appreciate the white/black stormtrooper look for some MY's, that isn't what I am interested in. I likely won't take long trips ao a slight aero advantage isn't as important to me as reducing unsprung weight with a vastly lighter wheel.

Any bronze or anthracite wheels that are pretty lightweight? I can't say I like how silver looks with a white car but maybe I haven't found the right wheel yet. I am fine with going to an 18" or 19" to also have more sidewall to protect the rim since my wife has a terrible track record with low profile tires. I plan to tow so that is a consideration. I saw some amazing car/wheel combinations in this thread that almost make me want to change from the white but my wife would definitely veto that. Anything over 2k for just the wheels is going to be hard to sell to her.