Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait a minute......where do I put the picture of this ....

This....

Wait..

This..

CyberY?

CyberY.jpg

Trying out cybertruck mode for the first time. I weighed in at 2750 KG (~6,000lbs) before unloading, 2550kg (~5,620 lbs after unloading) including the trailer and kiddos onboard also. The car handles the light to moderate total load very well. Usually it's just me commuting or the full crew when packing very light on cargo.

Hwy driving with trailer empty seemed to be about 25-30% over average without trailer. Not sure how much the terrain came into play there as it's not on my daily route. The car didn't care the trailer was back there at all when it was empty other than it taking a bit longer to slow down under regen braking.

1699283530334.png

I can just see this picture being used by EV Haters to say "See, here's proof that all electricity is generated by burning fossil fuels" and then go on to say that there's something in the trailer that burns the wood and converts it into electricity

Is that any more unrealistic than "You'll get electrocuted driving one" or "carparks will collapse under the weight of these vehicles" etc etc ?

• Funny
Reactions: Resist
Just picked up the wife's car from the wrap/tint shop's follow-up app't. Had them take off the performance bar under the DUAL MOTOR that they put on when they changed the badges to black. Seemed dishonest. LOL. Wrap is holding up well. They mistakenly put Clear 60% IR rejection on the roof when we asked for 30% tint/60% IR. They were going to fix it, but I'm going to wait until summer to see how it does in the CO sun. Going 30% on the roof is so dark it's practically blocking any view. Anyway, rare clean pic of the car. White seems a magnet for dirt. Maybe I should ceramic coat it. Already dirty just from the ride home. 🤪
PXL_20231106_214155728.jpg

Just picked up the wife's car from the wrap/tint shop's follow-up app't. Had them take off the performance bar under the DUAL MOTOR that they put on when they changed the badges to black. Seemed dishonest. LOL. Wrap is holding up well. They mistakenly put Clear 60% IR rejection on the roof when we asked for 30% tint/60% IR. They were going to fix it, but I'm going to wait until summer to see how it does in the CO sun. Going 30% on the roof is so dark it's practically blocking any view. Anyway, rare clean pic of the car. White seems a magnet for dirt. Maybe I should ceramic coat it. Already dirty just from the ride home. 🤪
View attachment 988496
So you did a complete clear wrap on it; Except the clear roof.. well 60% of it? How much did it cost? Warranty?

View attachment 988496
Without the Red Bar It’s no longer a YP 😲🤣😂

It has a matte wrap. The roof has clear ceramic 60% IR tint. Wrap plus ceramic tint on all glass was about $8k.
What’s the difference between a clear protector film and a matte finish film?
Is the matte more for paint appearance or protector of road debris?
I hear that clear film protector is thicker than a ceramic coating, if one mainly wants debris protection ..
No doubt your car looks real nice.

Reactions: Noflash
What’s the difference between a clear protector film and a matte finish film?
Is the matte more for paint appearance or protector of road debris?
I hear that clear film protector is thicker than a ceramic coating, if one mainly wants debris protection ..
No doubt your car looks real nice.
Thanks!

So there is vinyl and Paint Protection Film. Vinyl is thinner and you can get colors and graphics, but it doesn't provide much, if any, protection. Paint Protection Film (PPF) is thicker and protects your finish from scratches and paint chips. Some brands offer colors, but my shop only has clear or matte PPF. The matte is just for looks. I like the look and it differentiates from the other million MYs on the road. I have a blue matte MYP as well. Ceramic coating is a spray on finish that is more hydrophobic and in theory keeps the car cleaner for longer. It can be applied over PPF or instead of PPF. I didn't get this. Not to be confused is ceramic tint which blocks Infrared (IR) heat. I have ceramic tint on all window including the windshield. I also have a clear layer of ceramic tint on the inside of the roof glass which should help with heat rejection. I'll find out how much next summer. I'm no expert on all of this, but this is my basic understanding. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

So there is vinyl and Paint Protection Film. Vinyl is thinner and you can get colors and graphics, but it doesn't provide much, if any, protection. Paint Protection Film (PPF) is thicker and protects your finish from scratches and paint chips. Some brands offer colors, but my shop only has clear or matte PPF. The matte is just for looks. I like the look and it differentiates from the other million MYs on the road. I have a blue matte MYP as well. Ceramic coating is a spray on finish that is more hydrophobic and in theory keeps the car cleaner for longer. It can be applied over PPF or instead of PPF. I didn't get this. Not to be confused is ceramic tint which blocks Infrared (IR) heat. I have ceramic tint on all window including the windshield. I also have a clear layer of ceramic tint on the inside of the roof glass which should help with heat rejection. I'll find out how much next summer. I'm no expert on all of this, but this is my basic understanding. Hope this helps.
Thanks, got it 👍🏻 Great information.

Reactions: Noflash