Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIN to Drive bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
There seem to be a bug with 2019.32.10.11. Can someone verify if you are seeing the same issue with your model 3 as I am. Here are the steps.

With 2019.32.10.11, there seems to be a bug with pin to drive. If you first get into the car, don’t close the door. Put on your seat built first and step on the brake. Then close your door. Put the car into drive or reverse; Pin to drive requirement never comes up and you can drive the car.

I have sent this to EAP but the email reply said EAP program is closed at this time since version 10 is released and there isn't a early release version till next time.

It's a verbal thing; presumably it takes stock of the car's current and recent state. Press the right steering wheel thumb button and say "Bug report: Car did not ask for PIN when PIN to drive was set" or the like. Presumably, your car will upload the data next time it's in range of your wireless network.

There seem to be a bug with 2019.32.10.11. Can someone verify if you are seeing the same issue with your model 3 as I am. Here are the steps.

With 2019.32.10.11, there seems to be a bug with pin to drive. If you first get into the car, don’t close the door. Put on your seat built first and step on the brake. Then close your door. Put the car into drive or reverse; Pin to drive requirement never comes up and you can drive the car.

I have sent this to EAP but the email reply said EAP program is closed at this time since version 10 is released and there isn't a early release version till next time.

I meant to say I'm on 2019.32.11 when this is occurring.

Just went out to my car to test (I know what it’s like waiting around for someone to try something to confirm/deny findings!). On same software version you are. As soon as I press the brake the PIN box comes up. I followed your instructions exactly.

Did you try rebooting?

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
Let me reboot and try it out. Thanks for verifying this for me!

My two kids has been obsess with the games and they are always in there playing and leaving the car door open, I have pin to drive active and want to make sure they don't accidentally be able to drive.

Let me reboot and try it out. Thanks for verifying this for me!

My two kids has been obsess with the games and they are always in there playing and leaving the car door open, I have pin to drive active and want to make sure they don't accidentally be able to drive.

There are some pretty nutty bugs in V10, so this wouldn't surprise me if this fixes it. In addition, I highly recommend you don't sign into YouTube on the same account that your primary email is on. Anyone can get to your gmail (even if they break in!), reset your Tesla password, log in on their own phone, and literally steal the car. Oy...

Reactions: biotour
For some more piece of mind - If the charging cable is plugged in it won't drive either.
True, I did this the other night and likely will do so since it draws battery for land line while they play.

There are some pretty nutty bugs in V10, so this wouldn't surprise me if this fixes it. In addition, I highly recommend you don't sign into YouTube on the same account that your primary email is on. Anyone can get to your gmail (even if they break in!), reset your Tesla password, log in on their own phone, and literally steal the car. Oy...
Good thing to note. A plus is that I don't use my gmail for my Tesla account. But some may. I have a trash/non personal gmail for youtube.