Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli All Season 3 - anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went from Verde AS II plus to the new AS3 (20" tires/ MX 75D). Had to replace the rear AS II plus first last year and just replaced the fronts with the AS3's today. So looking at my notes, the rear Verde AS II lasted about 18k (replaced after tread was down to 3/32 tread). The front Verde AS II's lasted surprisingly about 30k although we took them down to probably 2/32. We used to get horrible tread life on the oem conti's. So far the rear AS3's have about 20k on them and have on average about 6/32 treads left. We did two long roadtrips in the last 12mos- 1k and 2k roadtrip so that might partially explain the lower wear we're getting vs the usual short local driving. My wife is the primary driver on the X so I can't say if the noise is any better or worse between the AS3 and the Verde AS2 plus. Can't say there's much difference in driving comfort.

Reactions: willynyc
Thanks, pakman00.

Replacing all four Verde AS II Plus today with AS3’s on 20”/‘MX 100D. Could have taken the fronts a few thousand more miles especially in dry weather, but will pull one for a spare JIC.

Noticed quite a bit of wear in the middle of the tire indicating over inflation. Using 45 PSI as per the door sticker. Going to move to 42 PSI esp approaching summer. Will hit 45 PSI in no time on the road.

Updating here. Just over 28,000 miles on three of four tires. Replacing one today because of a leak from swallowing a rock in June 2022 (with only 2,000 miles) and replaced another with sidewall damage with a Pirelli Scorpian Verde AS I spare we stored. Finding it helpful to keep spares because of how many tires the X eats.