Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I recommend having alignment checked on any new Model Y. Also - recommendations on front camber kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard about some tire wear due to alignment on new Model Ys so had a trusted local garage that aligned my Model 3 after installing new adjustable coilovers check it. For the 3, I had to purchase adjustable front and rear camber arms from MPP.

I was expecting there to be a little play on the alignment, but was pretty surprised how off my camber was.

Front left camber: -2.7
Front right camber: +1.4

The shop couldn't do much to adjust the camber either way. I'm guessing there is no chance Tesla will cover this since I've driven it 3,000 miles. I haven't had any incidents that would throw the camber off and if you can't adjust it back, how would any incident even do that where there wouldn't be evidence somewhere else? But I'm guessing they will not have any way to resolve it.

So my suggestion to any new owner is to get it checked as soon as you buy it so there is no doubt (and to save 3,000 or so miles of uneven wear to begin with).

The second purpose of this post is to ask if anyone has any suggestions on front adjustable camber arms. Is MPP the best option or is there a better option out there? I'm guessing Tesla service will say it will cost me to have them even look at this as non-warranty so if they do, want to get it resolved before I even have to rotate the tires.

TIA

Attachments

• 20240523_124223.jpg
    20240523_124223.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 9