Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli P Zero

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My other car has them and they exhibit phenomenal gripping power. I love them. No wonder most supercars offer them as OEM. I would like to know if anyone has them installed on their MS and how it is compared with the Michelin Pilots. How is the handling and how long do they last? I plan to install them after the Michelins wear out.
Thanks

My Michelin's wore out at 25,000. I have about 8,000 miles on the Pirelli P Zeros. About the same watts per mile. P Zeros seem a little louder, handling seems similar. I am not a aggressive driver so may not be noticing the handling. The P Zeros give me a better launch. I like the P Zeros so far.

Last edited:
My other car has them and they exhibit phenomenal gripping power. I love them. No wonder most supercars offer them as OEM. I would like to know if anyone has them installed on their MS and how it is compared with the Michelin Pilots. How is the handling and how long do they last? I plan to install them after the Michelins wear out.
Thanks

I had these on two different Audis and had nothing but issues. They went out of balance quickly and I had the first set replaced after 500 miles, the second at 1500, and by the third replaced them with Continentals. On the second Audi, I tried them again and two went out of balance after 200 miles. I told the dealer to take them off immediately at that point.

While I had them, grip was great although the Continentals and Michelins were about as good. Road noise was terrible though as was wet performance. All in all, glad I never had to live with them for too long.

Thanks

I went from the OEM staggered 21" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s to staggered 20" Pirelli P Zeros on HREs. I also went even wider in the rear to 285. I actually noticed more slip on launch (didn't expect that) and slightly more road noise with the Pirellis. I put 20k on the Michelins and they probably still had 5-10k tread left. I've gone 13k on the Pirellis and might get 20k out of them. Overall, I feel like the Michelins were a little bit better tire but both have been very good. I will likely go back to Michelins after these Pirellis.

Thanks guys for your valuable comments. The consensus seems the P Zeros are definitely noisier than the Michelins or Contis.
I have only driven mine on Michelins 8/10 into demanding corners and it was inconclusive as to how well it handles. I was still unfamiliar with the car so I didn't push it any further. Up to 8/10 it was good.

Thanks guys for your valuable comments. The consensus seems the P Zeros are definitely noisier than the Michelins or Contis.
I have only driven mine on Michelins 8/10 into demanding corners and it was inconclusive as to how well it handles. I was still unfamiliar with the car so I didn't push it any further. Up to 8/10 it was good.

That's a good point I forgot to mention. It could be that I went down to 20s and went wider in the rear when I went to the Pirellis but the cornering is improved over the Michelins.