Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli Pzero vs Michelin AS4 vs Conti Procontact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for 19" replacement tires for my 2022 Model S. The car came with the Pirelli Pzero Elect tires, but was wondering how they compared to the Michelin Pilot All Season 4 and Continental Procontact RX. I'm mainly concerned about ride comfort and noise. Efficiency isn't too important and I live in CA so snow traction is not important.

I'm looking for 19" replacement tires for my 2022 Model S. The car came with the Pirelli Pzero Elect tires, but was wondering how they compared to the Michelin Pilot All Season 4 and Continental Procontact RX. I'm mainly concerned about ride comfort and noise. Efficiency isn't too important and I live in CA so snow traction is not important.
I'm looking to replace on my 2022 MYP. Came with MIchelin, but Discount tire was pushing Pirelli. Any thoughts?

I have Continental Procontact RX on mine with 19"... I do have previous experience with all these brands as I tried them all for my Mbenz before I got a Tesla (both heavy cars, same tire size). Absolutely would always get the Continental Procontact RX

Mine came with the 19 inch Pirellis. They lasted about 20k miles and then I replaced with Michelins.

I have been very happy so far. It completely depends on what you want. The Michelins are a much higher performing tire than the Continentals, which are the only other all season option in OEM 19 sizes. For me it was crucial to get an all season as I drive it year round and it gets below freezing where I live in the winter. I prioritize handling/performance over range and tire longevity so the Michelins were the right choice for me. However, if you have opposite priorities then the Continentals should be best for you.

I will say you may want to consider sizing up a little on width. The Michelins in the OEM sizes are noticeably more narrow than the OEM Pirellis on the 19 inch OEM rims. The Pirellis overhang the rims well and provide some good scuff resistance. The Michelins in the OEM sizes on the 19 inch rims do not.

I know this write-up is for the Model 3 19 in tire but it's very informative on what tires are good for what occasion.

I always see great reviews on the Michelin Pilot All Season 4's.

Hankook ION EVO AS is getting great reviews on ride comfort and noise, and they they have top efficiency too.

I think for what you want the Pirelli Elect would be better than the comparators you mention.

Different classes of tires. The OEM Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) is a summer performance tire. The Michelin PS AS4 and Continental ProContact RX are both all-season grand touring tires. You'll have better dry performance with the Pirelli at the cost of durability and wet performance compare to the Michelin and Continental.

One thing I'm very surprised about. Despite having the stock all season Michelins on my MYP, and despite driving aggressively at times, I've never heard the tires squeal. I was thinking about getting the sport tires, but I really don't need it. I don't think anyone does unless you're going to the track.

Reactions: DrChaos
One thing I'm very surprised about. Despite having the stock all season Michelins on my MYP, and despite driving aggressively at times, I've never heard the tires squeal. I was thinking about getting the sport tires, but I really don't need it. I don't think anyone does unless you're going to the track.
The Model Y P tire is Michelin Pilot Sport 4 AS, which is already a very good handling tire for an all season, if not the best. It's definitely not the most efficient though vs EV focused efficiency tires.

Different classes of tires. The OEM Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) is a summer performance tire. The Michelin PS AS4 and Continental ProContact RX are both all-season grand touring tires. You'll have better dry performance with the Pirelli at the cost of durability and wet performance compare to the Michelin and Continental.
Not to pick too many nits BUT while both the Michelin and the Continental are all seasons, they are not both grand touring. The Continental is whereas the Michelin is an ultra high performance all season (at least according to Tire Rack). They are different classes of tire with the Michelin having much higher performance than the Continentals at the expense of efficiency and tire wear. That is what led me to get them over the Continentals. At least with my thinking, the Michelin comes closer to the summer tires as far as performance goes while still being safe in colder temps. Otherwise, I completely agree with the rest of your post. Carry on.