Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pissed - Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been waiting a while now for my new retrofit steering wheel. Finally got a message the other day that mobile service is coming to install it today. The guy gets here today, stands next to my car with his laptop and says "Sorry, i cant install your steering wheel, im going to have to cancel this order out..." I asked him why, wtf? He said because my car was not on version 2023.2.12, my car is on 2023.2.10, its been like that since i bought the damn thing in Feb. I never get any updates, so now he leaves with my wheel and im supposed to wait on this damn car to update to .12? That will be sometime past 6 months or more im sure, so pissed, was so exicted to get this installed! Here's an idea Tesla, how about checking this crap before you send a mobile service tech out and avoid wasting his time and my time. Moral of the story, if your on 2023.2.10 or lower and you want a retrofit wheel, it aint happening...

After Tesla having my car for more than a week they finally got it fixed, they updated the firmware on the car to 2023.2.12 and that seemed to have solved the issue, which i knew all along would but they kept saying my car wasnt ready for the firmware update, what a mess! But its all fixed now!

• Informative
Reactions: evfeh
I paid for the steering wheel the night it became available in the store. My appointment has been pushed right about 4 times by my count because they don't have the airbag. Next appointment is next week and if they bail on that I'm cancelling and going aftermarket. Clown show shenanigans at Tesla. Incidentally, my car has about 6k miles on it tops. Bottom left of the Yoke is already showing wear/damage from my leg lightly brushing against it when I get in/out of the car. To quote the great Lawrence Taylor..."y'all gotta do better than this."