Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the steering wheel retrofit available right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a used or inventory MSLR, wondering if the steering wheel retrofit is currently available and/or what the wait might be. And I can't tell availability because the Tesla app only shows it if you have an eligible car, which I don't, yet.

Anyone try to schedule it recently? Or could someone with a refresh MS with a yoke check their app (under Upgrades, I think)?

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I did the steering wheel retrofit for my Palladium Model X (which I believe is the same part as for the Palladium Model S). Ordered on May 21, a mobile service appointment was automatically scheduled for me but they pushed it back due to the wheel being backordered. Eventually the steering wheel was installed by mobile service on June 2.

Bruce.

Reactions: AAKEE
Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I did the steering wheel retrofit for my Palladium Model X (which I believe is the same part as for the Palladium Model S). Ordered on May 21, a mobile service appointment was automatically scheduled for me but they pushed it back due to the wheel being backordered. Eventually the steering wheel was installed by mobile service on June 2.

Bruce.
What about the possibility to see the instrument screen?

Just got a MSP with Yoke, will give it one month of trying it. I was initially sure to change to the wheel, but its really great to see the whole screen (and as now, the yoke is not as bad as I thought).
Still 70% chance it will be a swap…

Reactions: AudiA4

Just got a MSP with Yoke, will give it one month of trying it. I was initially sure to change to the wheel, but its really great to see the whole screen (and as now, the yoke is not as bad as I thought).
No real issue for me.
1688318720258.png

Thanks guys.

Not looking to start yet another yoke vs wheel debate, btw, that's been beaten to death.
Yes, thats good!

Still, some inputs could be very valuble before deciding. I was quite against the yoke before the 1000km drive home. Not very sure anymore, but I’ll give it one month to decide. My wife was quite happy with it also.
70-30 to the round wheel today!

I will add S3XY Buttons for blinkers and horn + a few other functions.

I have no problems seeing the IC on my Model X (and I'm assuming the Model S would be similar). But I think people who are significantly taller than me (I'm 5' 7") might have issues, because they might not be able to tilt the steering wheel high enough. If you fall into this category, you might want to see if you can find a steering wheel-equipped Model S to sit in before you commit.

Bruce.

Reactions: AudiA4 and AAKEE
I have no problems seeing the IC on my Model X (and I'm assuming the Model S would be similar). But I think people who are significantly taller than me (I'm 5' 7") might have issues, because they might not be able to tilt the steering wheel high enough. If you fall into this category, you might want to see if you can find a steering wheel-equipped Model S to sit in before you commit.

Bruce.
Good advice. I’m 1 inch short of 6 foot.

Reactions: bmah

I’ve had my MS for about a month and feel exactly the same way. In fact, I started a thread late last week about this very topic.

Bruce.
Really really good point about taller drivers and visibility with the round wheel. I’m 6’-6” and I have the yoke all the way up AND all the way back.