Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Place to get alignment in the Seattle area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Lakewood, south of Seattle. I’ve installed UP coil overs, adjustable length sway bar links, UP sway bars. It took me a bit to get my preferences dialed in but am pretty much done monkeying with all the variables. Time for an alignment.

Anyone know a good shop south of downtown Seattle, preferably in the Tacoma, Lakewood or Olympia area?

thanks.

The full kit from N2itivie is $1600 to $2000 (depending on which you buy). I don’t know how much just an alignment is at Truline, but the alignment with the labor to install the kit was around $1700 - obviously that’s in addition to the parts.

Honestly, had I known about this when I bought the X I would have done it in the first week (though I’m sure it didn’t exist way back in 2017!). The X feels “planted” in a way that I don’t ever remember. Maybe it was like this when I first bought it and I can’t remember, but it’s a JOY to drive now.

It does sit lower than before as essentially one part of the fix is adjusting the ride height to a lower level WITHOUT messing up the camber of the wheels so the tires wear unevenly. I suspect that years of riding on ”half a tire” has dulled my appreciation for how heavy the X is in reality as it now feels really attached to the road.

I did not replace the half shafts recently (Tesla replaced them once about two years ago under warranty), but even without a new set the shudder is dramatically reduced. I can feel it, but only VERY slightly under max acceleration. But I’m hopeful it will continue to drive in this nice way and that my tires will be replaced far less often than before.

It’s 100% worth the cost in my opinion. It feels like a different vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: Genie
I did not replace the half shafts recently (Tesla replaced them once about two years ago under warranty), but even without a new set the shudder is dramatically reduced. I can feel it, but only VERY slightly under max acceleration. But I’m hopeful it will continue to drive in this nice way and that my tires will be replaced far less often than before.
Just so you and others know, there's a TSB out to replace the front halfshafts and clevic mount for $350, parts and labor.