Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid order, possible delivery issues should I be concerned or normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a plaid in MSM , ebony black interior on 7/19/21, showed est delivery in July. Got a vin about a week later, then it showed aug 10th est date.

on the 5th of august it emailed to make the final paymenot and showed a pickup date of aug 6 @ 6pm.

on august 6 it was changed back to no date, inquiry with “Tesla advisor in indiana “ told me the car is still at a rail yard in California as of Monday August 9.

Couple things go thru my head, did it get damaged and is it being fixed behind scenes or is it really still in California for 3 weeks? if so why is it taking so long to get moved.

i would assume its going to LA to Chicago by rail , then truck to Indianapolis…

any feedback and shared experiences are appreciated.

White, cream, 21, fsd long range. Ordered in April. Car was built last week of July. Delivery appointment has been pushed back from August 1 to 12 to 20 to now 26. Every week someone from Tesla texts me that they can't get the car transported from California to Texas.

August to February sounds really fishy, especially since you already have a Vin.