Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S Front Suspension Creaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I'm realizing I probably need to jack both sides of the car to do this, since I don't want the car to be torqued one way or the other while loosening and tightening these bolts. Are you all using the funky Tesla jack stands for that?
QuickJack :)

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 96
Had this creaking noise pop up on my 2023 Plaid at about 4k miles on slow speed turns, especially turning left. Thanks to @paulchou for the pics and torque specs. Interesting that I never had this issue in 12K miles on my 2021 Plaid. Anyway, just retorqued the bolts with an extra 5nm. Quick test drive and creaking seems to be gone.

Reactions: SDRick
Assuming this is the same noise as I had, service removed the bash plate cleaned and then re-torqued. I have also heard reports of adding a thin layer of material between the two. I would ask service what their repair guide requires for a fix. I'm sure they've had enough experience now to know what works in the case of the noisy bash plate.

If I remember correctly,, I tried torquing myself, then the service center said they re-torqued but it did not work. It was only until the next service center removed the plate did I have success for the last five or 6000 miles.