Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning on upgrading from a 2015 S70 to a 2023 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

We have been happy owners of a 2015 S70 - close to 100K miles on the car, that has had very few issues.. not including replacing the monitor twice (1st was under warranty) and repairs of the gears for the door handles. All in all, we have enjoyed it a lot.

Our car came with lifetime supercharging. However, long trips are still not as convenient due to its slow charging rate and limited range. It currently reports 220miles @100%, which is more like maybe 150-175miles in reality.

Tesla is offering 6 years of unlimited charging on a new purchase if one were to forfeit that right on the old car.

Since we use supercharging a lot (about 30%), this is a nice perk that we are seriously thinking about.

Besides the longer range and faster charging, I'd like to get people's opinions on the current LR. How does it stack up in terms of refinement? Does the double pane glass really work? What about the handling? Our old S is a single motor rear wheel drive. Does all wheel drive improve handling? What about the reduced weight? I I would not say that our current long in the tooth Tesla is a good handler and feels ponderous... I actually prefer my VW Golf in that department. Another big concern is the absence of the stalk for forward/reverse/park. I somehow feel that this would be a PITA. The absence of tactile controls is a big step backward imo... or is it? Thank goodness they are offering a standard wheel again! Were it not for the supercharger network, we would have strongly considered an EQS or a Lucid.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks.

Reactions: jetsurgn