Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plasti dip side skirts and front lip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys. I did ten coats of white first for full coverage. Then when it dried, I did 4 coats of gloss. Don't mix them. If this didn't come out well or if it didn't match well, I was thinking of doing gloss black instead since I have the whole white and black thing going on. Very happy with how the white came out though. Actually shocked at how well it matches the paint. I'm using turtle wax spray wax on it this weekend. I was told it'll make it look and feel more like paint, and I was told to wait at least 24 hours.

Aaron, that does look sharp. I'll definitely look into that if the plastidip doesn't hold up. I went this route first because it literally cost me $24. 2 cans of white and 2 cans of gloss. If this doesn't hold up well, I'll spend a little more to get it done.

After getting quoted $1,200 to have the plastic painted, I had to try this out for myself. Worst case scenario I'm out $20. So I purchased 3 cans of white pastidip and gave it a go. The results were surprisingly good!
First, lets all remember this is $20, so the results aren't perfect. But they are a lot better than before! The white plastidip matched decently to the white paint of my 2013 S. It is slightly brighter but I'm hoping that the sun might dull the plastidip and make it match a little closer.
I suggest you spend a lot of time with masking because it will save you the headache of overspray which is kinda a pain.
This is a very underrated mod in my opinion because the painted plastic portions make it look like a facelifed S!
Here are the results! Let me know what you think!
IMG_9559.jpg
IMG_9452.jpg
IMG_9455.jpg
IMG_9497.jpg
IMG_9547.jpg
IMG_9303.jpg
IMG_9304.jpg
IMG_9449.jpg
IMG_9451.jpg
IMG_9285.jpg

Reactions: Vector2
I see two products Plastidip sells...The Metalizer and the Pearlizer. For our pearl white cars, I wonder if either of these products adds the "glow" missing from the stock white Plastidip. Has anyone tried either finisher to compare result? I was going to call the company and ask what they recommend? Also are all Tesla "pearl whites" exactly the same from day one? Did early Teslas have a non pearl?