Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help me choose a CPO MX

Which Model X CPO to choose

• 2016 P90DL, 22k miles. Grey with white interior (6 seater), 22 inch silver wheels

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 2017 100D, 20k miles. White with black interior (5 seater), 22 inch onyx wheels

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. 2016 P90DL, 22k miles. Grey with white interior (6 seater), 22 inch silver wheels

2. 2017 100D, 20k miles. White with black interior (5 seater), 22 inch onyx wheels
I'm really torn between the two.

1 has that sweet 3.0 acceleration and superb white seats. I don't have or planning to have kids so the 6 seater isn't that big of a deal. AP1 is OK for me as I have a M3D-LR and I rarely use the AP.

2 has the best range possible in MX and a year younger. It has HW2, so I suppose it is future proofed.

Both are priced very close to each other.

Thanks in advance!

:) Build date is on the manufacturer's sticker on the left side of the body at the driver's side front door. I can't remember the exact month in the year that the Autopilot hardware was upgraded from 2.0 to 2.5, but if the date is somewhere around July or later, its got Autopilot 2.5 hardware and that's closer to a future proof compared to the 2016 X.

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    875.3 KB · Views: 65
I can't speak to that. My 2017 S was quieter than my 2013 S's. But both had very good fit and finish. These could be the exception or not. My second S was a P85, the third a 90D. I don't miss the P, but it was fun, but I don't care kids either.

If that's all you are looking at - build quality. I'm old. I used to work for new car dealerships 50 years ago. In those days, some people and some salesmen used to point out they didn't want to buy a new car off the lot that was built on Friday or Monday and after a three day weekend. Guess why? My point is, build quality could be different during the same week. At least it was possible then.

How many months difference between the build date on the '16 and the '17? Could be one month or 11-12 months. Would one month make a difference? Three months?

I can't speak to that. My 2017 S was quieter than my 2013 S's. But both had very good fit and finish. These could be the exception or not. My second S was a P85, the third a 90D. I don't miss the P, but it was fun, but I don't care kids either.

If that's all you are looking at - build quality. I'm old. I used to work for new car dealerships 50 years ago. In those days, some people and some salesmen used to point out they didn't want to buy a new car off the lot that was built on Friday or Monday and after a three day weekend. Guess why? My point is, build quality could be different during the same week. At least it was possible then.

How many months difference between the build date on the '16 and the '17? Could be one month or 11-12 months. Would one month make a difference? Three months?
Thanks for the help. I heard that the first few MX had issues with the FWD, that is why I was concerned about buying a P90DL built in early 2016