Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please, I need feedbacks from owners with after-market forged wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I would like to have feedbacks on the efficiency of your aftermarket forged wheels? Are they better or worse than the OEM?
I want to upgrade my wheels but don't want to sacrifice the efficiency.
Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Some place wanted 2k each fr forged wheels but I got these wheels on ebay for 1600.00 for 4.

They weigh 32 and 35 lb and have a load rating of 2094 lb or 950 kg

The aftermarket wheels were thicker at the flange so I got some longer 2" arp studs

These 21" wheels and Michelin tires have been very smooth and quiet.

Aerodynamics?
Many (most?) time people go with different size rims and that effects efficiency.
You don't mention your OEM rims (you don't mention your year or model) so I would think that would matter. Some rims are particularly aerodynamic.
The lower weight isn't worth a hill of beans for efficiency and won't make up for a small aerodynamic loss.

Aerodynamics?
Many (most?) time people go with different size rims and that effects efficiency.
You don't mention your OEM rims (you don't mention your year or model) so I would think that would matter. Some rims are particularly aerodynamic.
The lower weight isn't worth a hill of beans for efficiency and won't make up for a small aerodynamic loss.
My 2021 Plaid came with 21" wheels

I know the 19s are more efficient but these cars are so cheap to charge up efficiency was not a great concern to me.

Reactions: saj070
I have both Titan7 Fully Forged Wheels T-S5 Split 5 Spoke (22 lbs including TPMS) on one Model S and ESE Carbon Wheels (17.9 Lbs) on the other (or I did a one point - sold the second S this year for an X instead). I get better mileage with the ESE's but it also has to do with the type of A/S Tires 245/45R19 tires. My daily driver has the ESE's 19 X 8.5 with pirelli-p-zero-as-plus-elect, which make a huge difference in range, verse the old Continentals Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus I had before. Also the car is much quieter as carbon fiber does a better job of attenuating road noise into the suspension components, so the car feels like it glides down the road.

Here are the test results of a lighter wheel on a 2017 Model S P100 D, braking was 5 feet shorter on average from 100 Km/H to 0 Km/H. Here is the DOE report on ESE Carbon Wheels as well that were reviewed by Oak Ridge National Labs.

There are other tests done by Carbon Revolution here as well.

Last edited: