Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels And Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pianewamn.
How does your Y handle in the curves and corners with the way that you have your MPP set up? Thank you.
I've now adjusted to f:14/10, r:14/12.
I've changed tires to Pirelli Scorpion A/S3, 255/50 X 19" (vs. 255/45 X 19")
I've dropped tires to 36PSI, all around.

You can see from all of this that I'm going totally for comfort, so my wife will be comfortable the few times she rides with me. PLUS, my 69-year-old body prefers the increased comfort of the combination stated above. No more sharp slaps over concrete expansions cracks, and the tires have muted rough concrete noise to a tolerable level. Overall, it's rather "spongy", but always feels controlled. I haven't challenged traction limits, wet or dry, and here in Fort Worth, no snow this winter.

So...I don't drive this car the way I used to drive my GTIs, or my 1993 Audi S4. I just don't. I enjoy the straight-ahead thrill occasionally, but don't challenge highway access ramps, either.

What was the question????? 🤪 🤪 🤪

The "standard" install drops about 1/2" all around. Make sure you understand that. I had to shave my front mudflaps to keep them from scraping on speedbumps. MPP achieves a more compliant suspension while at the same time dropping the vehicle.
An experienced shop should know the installation. Customer Service at MPP is excellent, with Jesse answering my questions quickly via email. I had loads of questions, as this was early on in aftermarket coilovers for the MY, and I was comparing Ohlins, MPP, and UnpluggedPerformance.

• Informative
Reactions: fredzos