Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please recommend electrician around Seattle area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for an electrician to install TWC in Seattle area.
I got couple quotes and one quote was about $4000 (with DCC9?) and other one was $1800. Both guys said I can do 50amps for TWC.
From what I have been reading from this great website, anywhere between $800 - $1200 is reasonable range. I have a parking spot that is about 40 ft away from my 100amp panel.

Please share and recommend an electrician for me. Thank you!

Where do I start?

What do you actually need for charging rate? The DCC adds a BUNCH of money to the cost. There are times when it might be needed, but unless you really need the 50 amp charging rates you might be able to get away with either no installation at all(UMC only) or an HPWC that gets less than the 50 amp breaker.

You might want to at publish pictures of your panel. Someone might be nice enough to do a load analysis.

The cost of moving electricity 40 feet is very different depending on whether the wires are exposed, going through concrete walls, or underground.

Where do I start?

What do you actually need for charging rate? The DCC adds a BUNCH of money to the cost. There are times when it might be needed, but unless you really need the 50 amp charging rates you might be able to get away with either no installation at all(UMC only) or an HPWC that gets less than the 50 amp breaker.

You might want to at publish pictures of your panel. Someone might be nice enough to do a load analysis.

The cost of moving electricity 40 feet is very different depending on whether the wires are exposed, going through concrete walls, or underground.
Hello, thanks for your reply. (I am originally from Boston :D)
From the both quote, both guys said they will use conduit. I didn't mean 50amp charging rate, I was told I would get 40amp charging rate (80% of 50amps?)
My house do not have HVAC and stove is on gas. So with 100amp to my house, only thing that uses 240V my dryer (30amp).

Just looking for a good referral to a honest and good skilled electrician near Seattle for TWC install.
I don't think DCC9 is not needed for my installation but I am not an expert here so I will consult with the electrician once I find a good one.

Anyways here are some pictures.
Thanks all.
Screenshot_20211230-010605_Gallery.jpg
20211221_163144.jpg
Screenshot_20211223-104755_Drive.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-105021_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-105021_Drive.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20211223-104311_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-104311_Drive.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 34
Looks like you have enough capacity for at least 32 amps continuous, not knowing anything about your house(sq ft et al). I'd go so far as to say I'd install if for 40 amps(50 amp breaker and wire). Your clothes dryer is likely taking about 15 of those 30 amps(you can verify that with the nameplate specs, if desired). If you ever get a nuisance trip of the main you can always turn it down in a few minutes by reprovisioning the HPWC.

Additionally, the 1/0 aluminum service line >should< be allowed to run with a 125 amp breaker as a feeder, if you can get the necessary approvals(presumably the electric company and maybe condo association). That would get you an extra 20 amps continuous to play with for sure.

I'd definitely avoid the DCC. Its like a thousand dollars before markup and installation!