Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please suggest wheel size LR 19” vs 20”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, kindly suggest 19” vs 20” experience on LR Model Y (any pros/cons or personal recommendations around this)

I may have to make a last min decision and had only test driven 19” Y a while back. Even 19” wheel had a lot of road feel (bumps and uneven roads were not great) that too driving at lower speeds. Any experiences with latest Y would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The 2021 MYLR that I just got has the 20in Induction wheels with summer tread on and I just switched out to a all season…..not sure yet if I made a mistake not getting a full Winter tire or not.

The stiffer ride of the 20in wheels does not bother my wife or I at all. Before I bought this one I had test drove both the 19 and 20in versions of the MY and there was only a slight difference to me in the ride quality.

Reactions: AJ..
Hello all, kindly suggest 19” vs 20” experience on LR Model Y (any pros/cons or personal recommendations around this)

I may have to make a last min decision and had only test driven 19” Y a while back. Even 19” wheel had a lot of road feel (bumps and uneven roads were not great) that too driving at lower speeds. Any experiences with latest Y would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't have personal experience from the model Y, but in general, advantages of the smaller 19" wheels would be:
  • better range (330 EPA vs 318)
  • better ride
  • less expensive (both for the initial purchase and for replacement tires)
  • less chance of damaging a wheel on a pothole
Advantages of the larger 20" wheels would be:
  • better aesthetics (personal preference)
  • better handling when cornering (less sidewall flex)
Plenty of people can't resist the look of the larger wheels, but for me personally, the 19's are clearly the better choice!

I don't have personal experience from the model Y, but in general, advantages of the smaller 19" wheels would be:
  • better range (330 EPA vs 318)
  • better ride
  • less expensive (both for the initial purchase and for replacement tires)
  • less chance of damaging a wheel on a pothole
Advantages of the larger 20" wheels would be:
  • better aesthetics (personal preference)
  • better handling when cornering (less sidewall flex)
Plenty of people can't resist the look of the larger wheels, but for me personally, the 19's are clearly the better choice!

thank you! Well summarized and makes sense.

Reactions: Tectonic