Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugless Charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a company called Evatron that makes a product called "PlugLess" that offers an Inductive (cordless) Charging system for Tesla. This diagram says Model S but they also include Model3. is anyone aware of this product or is anyone actually using it. Any info would be appreciated.
here is the url Meet Plugless | The Wireless EV Charging Station
upload_2018-7-10_13-40-36.png

I suppose I would consider something like this when the price comes down to what it cost me to put a NEMA 14-50 in my garage - $250. In the meantime, I have been plugging in my car for about 4 years now and it is now second nature, every time I pull into the garage. Not a burden at all.

I suppose I would consider something like this when the price comes down to what it cost me to put a NEMA 14-50 in my garage - $250. In the meantime, I have been plugging in my car for about 4 years now and it is now second nature, every time I pull into the garage. Not a burden at all.
Ya, i installing the 1450 plug anyway so i am thinking this might be a nice option if its not too expensive. Either in cost or lost energy.

Reactions: emorog
When I was reporting at CES in 2011, they had a Tesla there demonstrating wireless charging. At the time I hadn't heard of Tesla, so it was neat to see both a nice looking electric car and see it charging that way (We also got to test drive a Nissan Leaf that year at the show). I know it isn't nearly as efficient, but still surprised that there haven't been many options in that area

1p52yXj.jpg

QavtWTP.jpg

Last edited:
I sent a message to Plugless Power, but unfortunately haven't heard back. I also couldn't reach anyone in their sales department by phone. I sincerely hope they will be able to bring a Model 3 as well as an X version to market soon, but given my difficulty in even reaching them, I don't know when that will be. It could be next year, so let's hope. If anyone from Plugless Power sees this, we would appreciate an update!