Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Podpoint extra wiring charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy was on site the entire day, to be fair, but mostly because he had a nightmare trying to get the unit attached to the wall where I wanted it to go, because of crumbling mortar. I can't really fault the engineer who installed it, but yeah I was certainly taken advantage of. I wonder if it's even worse with the Andersen because they might figure "well he's spending over a grand already"...

Approx 4m of the cable was underground, but again I dug the trench already and even made good afterwards - all he had to do was run it in the crevice. The rest of it was inside an outbuilding, but free access in there.

EDIT: It didn't even occur to me until reading the above that they quoted for 11 hours including the standard install time of 4. I would have kicked off about that had I thought of it at the time.

I'm sure you still can? Might make you feel slightly better :) haha

I wonder what the person doing the work actually got paid for that day's work? Bet it was nothing like the total labour rate charged, somehow. Someone seems to be profiteering from some of these charge point installs, I'm sure.

I've just ordered mine. There website says 15mtrs of cable is within standard installation fees. I've gone for the tethered one which gives me a 7.5mtr cable from the charger. So I've moved the position on the charger to be less than the 15 mtrs. Then the cable from the charger will do the rest of the distance. Keeping the installation as a standard fee