Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polar network overstay fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Picked up my M3 this week :)

I have subscribed to polar network as i have a raft of rapids and 7kw near me.

Does anyone know if they charge overstay on the 7kw chargers? I can see the rapids and ultra ones do after 90 mins, but cannot for the life of me find anything about the 7kw! It would be great if they didn’t, as the Mrs could charge when she is at work. If anyone knows, that would be great. Hi

I've never heard of overstay fees on fast chargers, since you don't really get much of a charge in a short space of time anyway. That being said I'm quite happy to be told I'm wrong :)

Zap-Map is probably your friend here. Have a look around at the Polar chargers near you, it should tell you the restrictions for each one.

I've never heard of overstay fees on fast chargers, since you don't really get much of a charge in a short space of time anyway. That being said I'm quite happy to be told I'm wrong :)

Zap-Map is probably your friend here. Have a look around at the Polar chargers near you, it should tell you the restrictions for each one.

Great shout. This is where it gets confusing, Zap map is pretty clear on that rapids £10 after 90 mins stay every hour. Nothing noted on the 7kw ones however. Polar just have a generic statement in terms around introducing charge as of may. Considering the slow speed of 7kw, noir sure the benefit 0f time capping them.

It would be great if they didn’t, as the Mrs could charge when she is at work. If anyone knows, that would be great. Hi

Please treat any lack of overstay fee as a short grace period between end of charging and moving the car elsewhere. The app will get a charge complete message so no excuse not to know the charge is complete.

Many rely on these charge points and its not great to be locked out of an opportunity to charge because a charge complete vehicle is unnecessarily blocking a charge point for extended periods of time.

NeedToCharge | The friendly way to share an EV charger