Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pole Mounted Home EV Charger Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, having had a fab test drive this week, that's us decided to order a M3 as a new company car, and cannot wait.

However, due to having our car parking at the rear of the house, behind a 6ft fence I am struggling to find the best (and nice looking) solution for a pole mounted unit.

I have seen some nice solutions in the US for the Tesla charger which I do like the look of, bit not really any UK options

Any advice would be appreciated - Thanks

A pole mounted unit could be any unit you wish for. Look for a local metalworker company that maybe able to make you one.

Example - Circular 150mm dia Pole (Height to Regulations) with base plate on bottom to secure to a foundation via 4 bolts cast into foundation, and a plate that the unit attaches too made to dimensions of unit you wish to use. You could get it produced in galv steel and then have it powder coated or Stainless steel. Run the cable up through the tube to the rear of the unit via a hole in rear.

One off made pole - say £250 - £500 (Could be less - this is a guess) - Stainless steel is usually more.
Powder coat - £50
Foundation - assume by yourself £20 bag of post concrete

Its just an idea!

A good looking unit is the Anderson one or Tesla one if you wish to keep it branded.

Reactions: Roy W.
Thank you everyone so far for the replies. If I can I'd rather opt for an off the shelf solution for ease and neatness.

I've emailed a couple of the manufacturers and await their replies. I do like the look of the Teals one so maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get the custom made stand I've seen in the US

We have an EV Posts Tesla Mount (a UK-based company). I went with the version with the base-plate which I then bolted to a couple of paving slabs set into the ground. I think it looks very neat (well, it will do when I eventually get around to filling the soil in on top of the slabs).

charge-post.jpg

Last edited:
We have an EV Posts Tesla Mount (a UK-based company). I went with the version with the base-plate which I then bolted to a couple of paving slabs set into the ground. I think it looks very neat (well, it will do when I eventiually get around to filling the soil in on top of the slabs).

View attachment 578190

Thank you so much. That’s just what I’ve been looking for and unable to find

Reactions: Mark-R