Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GivEnergy EV charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I’m new to this forum and evs:

Vehicle: Tesla Model Y 2023 basic
Charger: Givenergy EV charger
Tariff: Octopus Intelligent Go

Does anyone have this charger, and have it working with Tesla and/or OIG?

I’m really struggling to get it working consistently and am being bounced between all three support teams, all blaming each other. My problem: IOG schedule intermittently charges the car. Givenergy schedule doesn’t seem to anything. Octopus doesn’t officially support Givenergy charger so i selected “generic” when signing up

If there are other users with a similar setup would be great to trade advice and experience!

What exactly is the problem?

I have IOG and a hypervolt charger which isn’t supported.

My IOG smart charging is set up with my Tesla, my hypervolt is set to plug and charge (aka dumb mode) and has no schedule’s programmed.

Plug in the car, immediately stop the charging via the car or tesla app (IOG will do this eventually but it’s too slow for me) after a few mins IOG creates a schedule and charges it over night.

You need to set your giv energy charger to what ever their mode is called where it just switches on immediately and chargers the car at full rate as soon as it’s plugged in. Do not set any schedules or ‘smart’ features on the charger itself.

IOG should control the car directly.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
What exactly is the problem?

I have IOG and a hypervolt charger which isn’t supported.

My IOG smart charging is set up with my Tesla, my hypervolt is set to plug and charge (aka dumb mode) and has no schedule’s programmed.

Plug in the car, immediately stop the charging via the car or tesla app (IOG will do this eventually but it’s too slow for me) after a few mins IOG creates a schedule and charges it over night.

You need to set your giv energy charger to what ever their mode is called where it just switches on immediately and chargers the car at full rate as soon as it’s plugged in. Do not set any schedules or ‘smart’ features on the charger itself.

IOG should control the car directly.
Agreed, but I also set a scheduled charge in the car to 23:30 so it doesn’t start the charge in the first place. If IO wants to charge before then it will - it’s just like it’s pressing the “start charge” button in the app.