Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: for those with car or VIN allocated.

If you have already received your UK car or have been allocated a UK VIN please check all that apply

• I have received my car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ordered tow hitch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A poll only for those who have already taken delivery or have a Vin allocated - either officially or unofficially

Please select all options that apply.

The aim is to see if there is a pattern to find what type of car or option that has not been widely allocated yet, ie the 'holes' are the interesting ones.

LR AWD is not the performance model. It is the model no longer available.

Yes I know, its not scientific, will not give an exact answer, but it may just shed some light on things

And even worse, I ran out of poll options. But lets see if any pattern emerges. Was going to add 19" wheels etc.

Last edited:
To clarify, when it asks what was ordered, it is the current order. ie "I have on order"

So if you ordered a LR AWD, then changed it to 18" Performance without PUP, then its the Performance 18" option that should be ticked.

PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN DELIVERY OF A CAR OR YOU HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED A VIN.

Currently, we have 4 non reservation holders, but only 3 cars assigned a VIN or have been collected.

UK ONLY ORDERS PLEASE.

Tesla has generally made different cars on different lines on different weeks. One line may be dedicated to a Red SR+ vehicle while another is to a Blue Performance. While early on, these were generally week long productions, I suspect that they may not be that long any more, but certainly at least 1 or more days with a specific configuration.

They come off the line and then have to be transported to the shipyard. They'll wait until they have a shipload, then load them and deliver them. So, if the car that you want happens to be in production during the timeframe for which the boat holds, then you are about to get lucky.
But then a car has to be transported to a delivery center.

So, once a car that meets your order has been assigned to the Delivery Center that you will use exists, you'll probably get the VIN assigned.

In other words, there tends to be a very definite process, which from a buyer's perspective ends up but pretty close to random.

I'm doubtful that you will get statistically significant volume o data here. What would be handy would be a Google DOCs orders-list ... that exists, but because it is USA-centric there are not many UK order on it ... and there is, separately, a Google DOCs questionnaire, which helps determine total order numbers - but that has so little data that youc an't figure out Colour / Model / etc.