Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Model Y Build Quality at Delivery 2023 Only

How was your MY build quality at delivery, or first few weeks?

• Acceptable or better from Fremont

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Not acceptable from Fremont

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Acceptable or better from Austin

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Not acceptable from Austin

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked ours up yesterday. The only issue I noticed was the frunk was lower on the driver's side by a couple centimeters. I pointed it out to them, but they said it was within spec and I could make an appointment if I wanted them to look at it. When I got home, I noticed the 2 adjustable bumpers on the lid and fixed it myself. :)

Reactions: kpanda17
Just picked ours up yesterday. The only issue I noticed was the frunk was lower on the driver's side by a couple centimeters. I pointed it out to them, but they said it was within spec and I could make an appointment if I wanted them to look at it. When I got home, I noticed the 2 adjustable bumpers on the lid and fixed it myself. :)

Good Lord

I Hope you mean Millimeters not centimeters.

That would be over 3/4"...

Reactions: zoomer0056
We picked our 2023 Y LR yesterday in NJ & it was a freemont build, went around the car about 20x checking everything and it was good to go!
Ours was an existing inventory new car, did deposit friday & picked up wed.
Has matrix & Hw4
IMG_7386.jpeg

Picked up a Model Y LR Fremont build (HW4, Matrix) in Fremont on Saturday 7/15. After going through the checklist, found only two issues. The most significant was the roof glass seal on the front passenger corner that wasn't as it should be. The less significant was dark smudges along the passenger side interior fabric where it meets the glass roof. Both were taken care while we waited, but I will be keep an eye on the roof seal area to make sure that it doesn't leak as I don't know how they managed to reseat the edge of the seal. Photos attached.

Attachments

• PXL_20230715_203046724.jpg
    PXL_20230715_203046724.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20230715_212058118.jpg
    PXL_20230715_212058118.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 89
Not enough data to be conclusive but so far it appears there’s a 1 in 8 chance of a (minor) defect from Fremont, and 1 in 10 from Austin. That gives me some idea. And I gather most defects can be repaired or resolved easily, outright rejections are probably pretty rare. But again, not enough data…

All HW4 in the US since early last month from what I've read. There was a VIN tracking thread that was no longer necessary at that point.
Just visited our local service center, and all the new MY's on the lot were HW4 so you may be mostly correct. Asked one of the reps inside and she said they are coming in mostly HW4, but they still get some HW3s - so I will have to wait a little longer. HW4 was my big sticking point, now I am pondering stalks vs stalkless (Juniper). Most of the other rumored changes I can live with or without.

Juniper might be over a year away
No time like now to go EV
I don’t need a car so waiting on Juniper is preferable for me. I am sure Juniper will include many of the same changes as Highland. So I can wait for Highland, see the actual changes and the prices, and decide then if I want the current MY or Juniper. Now that current MY production seems to be all HW4…
…no time like now to wait on Juniper.

Again, I’m mulling stalks vs stalkless, think I’d be fine with the latter. [I could care less about the anti stalkless posts mostly from folks who’ve never tried it.]