Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Will Safety Score do more for safety than any other system?

Is safety score revolutionary? Will it do more for safety than any other system in the short term?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Terminator857

Aug 5, 2019
Ca
Seems to me that this safety score is going to do more to help Tesla with their safety statistics more than improvements in any other system. I'm estimated the full self driving is more than 5 years away so that doesn't count. What do you think?

Example: I've been bothered by how closely my wife follows other cars. No idea why she does it. Now I have a reason to nag her to keep a safer distance.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: K5TRX and EVNow
Seems to me that this safety score is going to do more to help Tesla with their safety statistics more than improvements in any other system. I'm estimated the full self driving is more than 5 years away so that doesn't count. What do you think?

Example: I've been bothered by how closely my wife follows other cars. No idea why she does it. Now I have a reason to nag her to keep a safer distance.
The best safety device is a cop car in the rear view mirror.

I don’t think it is revolutionary. I know plenty of people that get insurance ‘discounts’ by using their insurance company setups.

While Tesla’s Safety Score needs to evolve, it’s a good start. Every time I pull in my garage I get a following to close warning. I hate to say it is definitely making me a better driver. In just two weeks it’s changed my driving style in my non-Tesla car too.

Sad to see what the future holds for this kind of data being collected more effectively.

Obvious issue is that maybe bad drivers know their safety score would be low so they don’t sign up. Need a randomized trial!
It is fascinating how much data Tesla can collect. It will be interesting to see what the FSD Beta collision rate once it gets more widely deployed (if they don’t count curb strikes I suspect it will also show reduced collisions, it appears to be good at keeping people hyper alert).

Reactions: DanCar