Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Premium Connectivity performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a M3 and never had any internet connection issues. March 2023 I upgraded to a MY and purchased Premium Connectivity. That has been a terrible experience. I often can’t connect and when that happens all kinds of things quit working, for example, many voice commands, Navigation address locator, all my all my music apps, including the one that comes with the car (FM radio works), my MyQ garage door opener (don’t get me started on that PoC), etc. I live in an area about 30 or so minutes north of Tampa, I would call this area overall not quite urban, not quite rural. It’s so bad I sometimes wonder why I even pay for it but I’m pretty sure my expensive FSD feature is useless without it. Oh, and what really frustrates me when I can’t navigate I use my iPhone when my radio doesn’t work I use my iPhone, when my garage door doesn’t open I use the MyQ app on my iPhone…etc.

Has anyone else noticed if they don’t live in a Concrete Jungle they have similar problems? I’m not sure if it’s an issue with my car or the service, although once I read about Tesla’s deal with T-Mobil and knowing how poor that service can be outside of big cities, I wonder if my MY and my M3 were on different networks?

Yes. Yesterday while driving, I couldn’t make a phone call. I get the ‘something went wrong’. Often music app quits, then I get a network error. That’s frustrating because once it quits it will not start up again, I have to go to go to another app then back. I deliver for meals on wheels and often it can’t find address, get an off-line notice. In all of those cases I pull out my iPhone/Verison and to get my directions, make a phone call, etc. I assume it’s bad LTE connection but maybe it’s something with the car. Just very frustrating

If you lose your phone call, it's your cell phone losing its connection, not the car... In a phone call your phone makes the call and audio is sent to your car through Bluetooth. If your phone loses lte, the car might lose it too and that would be a coverage issue. Yes, in that case audio streaming would also fail and might take a while to restart

Reactions: ucmndd