Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it. I guess I'm one of those people that never learn. 😂
Homelink works great for me with a suburban detached home.

I agree that most of the issues seem fixable without too much trouble. I'm also contemplating popping off the hubcaps as well. One was a quarter off at my delivery and they pushed it in. They look better than the old Aero ones but that's about it ...

But all of these are certainly more fixes needed than should be the case.

How's the paint? I've had many issues with mine. Scratches and haziness, but I since had it coated after some corrections.

Homelink works great for me with a suburban detached home.

I agree that most of the issues seem fixable without too much trouble. I'm also contemplating popping off the hubcaps as well. One was a quarter off at my delivery and they pushed it in. They look better than the old Aero ones but that's about it ...

But all of these are certainly more fixes needed than should be the case.

How's the paint? I've had many issues with mine. Scratches and haziness, but I since had it coated after some corrections.
I also live in a detached home. The paint job is fine. There was one deep scratch on the front bumper and Tesla service replaced the whole bumper. I cannot complain about it.
I have a Tesla technician working on homelink as I type this message. He said that sometimes the factory doesn't put them up exactly right so he's going to correct one wheel and check the rest.

Reactions: Falcon73
I love homelink in the Tesla.I like that it’s all disabled when the car is off. No one can bust a subdue and get into the garage.

I do not use automatic homelink and feel that is dangerous with a double garage door and multiple cars & kids.

I love homelink in the Tesla.I like that it’s all disabled when the car is off. No one can bust a subdue and get into the garage.

I do not use automatic homelink and feel that is dangerous with a double garage door and multiple cars & kids.
Yeah I only use automatic open not auto close hehe. Well actually that works if it's not already open... I may turn it off.

Reactions: MY-user and brkaus