Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Cayman EV: sadly, only a "concept"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Porsche Built an Electric Cayman to Show Off "Porsche Turbo Charging"
Porsche Builds a Fully-Electric Cayman To Show Off Fast Charging, Mission E Tech

My last ICE was a Cayman and I loved it...until my wife and I bought a Model S in December 2013. 10 months later I sold the Cayman and bought a Roadster. But the Cayman handled better and honestly I liked the lines of the car better than the Roadster.

Now Porsche has built a Cayman EV that does 0-60 in 3.3 secs (slower than an S P100D or even an X P100D!) and only goes 125 miles on a charge.

Worse, it's reported to be just a "concept" done for marketing purposes and won't go into production. Very disappointing.

If Porsche could make a Cayman EV that had a real world range of at least 250 miles, had the high speed DC charging capability that Porsche is promoting these days, and there was a charging network available, that would be a very compelling car. The ICE version has a nice frunk and a usable trunk, is a joy to drive, and looks fantastic (I prefer it to any 911).

180940-cayman-e-volution-electric-vehicle-symposium-stuttgart-2017-porsche-ag-1507636066.jpg

I wish people would stop treating concepts as if they're real vehicles.

Concepts have to deal with only a tiny fraction of the issues involved in "real" production cars.
True.

Not sure which "people" you are referring to. But both of those articles, and my post, were very clear that the vehicle referred to was not intended to go into production. Unfortunately.

Reactions: FutureShock
I loved the manual Cayman S I had for 3 years. It was very fun to drive. If they did make an EV Cayman I’d be all over it. It’d be weird without that engine (noise) directly behind your back though!