Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Delivery Repair Experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have had my M3 for a few days now, I now have more issues that I will need repair including:
  • Bumper/fender out of alignment on on corner
  • 1 inch paint mark under front Tesla T - looks like possible built up paint under clear coat
  • Read bumper cover edge rough paint where it meets fender
  • Middle console has white film damage on some of black gloss plastic
  • To the right of console there is something sticking up under the gray liner so it bumps out
My intention was to bring the car for ppf and ceramic before it is driven. I normally would want the dealer to repair but for some reason I feel like there is a high likelihood it will be made worse rather than better. I am about an hour from a service center so that drive alone without ppf could cause permanent pits from New England roads.

Any advice/thoughts on if I should worry about the exterior issues or just drive it. Anyone satisfied with paint repair? Can good paint correction from detailer fix some of these issues?

My post ownership experience has been horrible. I did the same thing; I took delivery and parked the car in the garage. Drove it a couple of times - short range stuff. Finally got my appointment, dropped the car of Saturday for the ceramic coat and clear wrap. I get a call seven oclock Monday morning telling me that there is damage to the drivers quarter panel. You cannot see it. You would have to know its there or put the car on a lift to find it. I contacted Tesla and was completely blown off by them. Its at shop with a lower estimate of 2000 to fix with an upper estimate of 5-6 thousand.

Getting pictures, odometer readings, etc....already spoke to lawyer. Waiting for a confirmation from body shop Monday. Good news is that you cannot see it so even if the repair is not perfect, well, you cant see it.

Also, guy at body shop told me if he needs to get parts it could be months before they get them. Wish I kept my trusty Honda.

• Funny
Reactions: Oldman
Ken,
Cherry Hill actually delivered it to me. One of their "energy" people dropped it off. Very nice lady; who knows maybe she did it? I posted my story on another thread. Guy posted pictures of his undercarriage damage. Little different than mine, but similar issue.

The Tesla rep that emailed me said that the car gets inspected like 3 times before delivery. If so, why didn't it catch that guys problem? And his is more visible. He happened to catch it at delivery and Tesla is covering it.

Here is the link I hope it works.

Newly delivered Model 3 with rocker panel damage

Thanks for the support, seems like a good forum.

My experience has been horrible as well, took delivery of a m3, I was told that a bumper would be aligned, since been a month the cars been at the SC, they want to repaint my entire front end because of a paint defect they claimed was there and I couldn't see. I'm so done. Tomorrow I'm getting a lawyer. The SC is useless.

• Informative
Reactions: Oldman