Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Posting issues publicly vs direct to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More hugs!
th?id=H.4739050561865773&pid=1.9&ext=.jpg

I did. I'm not going to be part of building a database of issues, when the integrity and completeness of the data won't be of value. A database is worthless without those two attributes.

Agreed with the exceptions that having a single database will reduce the multiple counting of problems. Pictures (or witnesses) and VIN or it didn't happen would go a long way to help the integrity. I don't think completeness is possible (even for Tesla's own records) because some people just don't report problems.

But Tesla has a better chance at seeing a complete view. We only get the people who come to the forum. If you're an owner and have a problem, Tesla Service will likely hear about it. TMC? Maybe, maybe not.

- - - Updated - - -

The logistics of making sure someone is reporting a legitimate issue would be a lot of work for the mods (or whoever took it on). Tesla has the luxury of the ownership database, that would make this a nonissue for them.

I did. I'm not going to be part of building a database of issues, when the integrity and completeness of the data won't be of value. A database is worthless without those two attributes.

Given that my approach is a collection of the data that is on your forum, I find your comment strangely entertaining Jon Stewart would have a field day with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Bonnie,

Tesla is doing it. We just do not get to see thier data (nor should we).

Soo, there IS a difference between data that has been organized into a database that can be trended and forum posts all over the place. So while Jon would have a field day with the comment, he might also find the humor in the fact that you're calling for such a database, while claiming the info is already available in the forum.

He'd mock both of us.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

fyi - after having experienced a forum member twisting a problem I wrote about, I've also publicly said I won't report that kind of stuff again in the forum.

info that is a pain to get to and is presented without context... Easy to misuse and hard to use.

Exactly. (vs. someone running a report and saying 'this percent of failures has been due to x', giving a big headline to some lazy journalist. Organized data *looks* important and true.)

I'm not going to stop anyone (obviously). Just stating my opinion.

I'm starting to think that would be a good idea, or at least an entertaining one. I'd love to see some anti rag have to publish an official retraction (or worse) after violating such notice.

Can one of our legally-minded forum members chime in with some recommended text?

- - - Updated - - -

Technically there is - close the internet pipe. Especially during wartime (which seems to be globally stuck to 'on' at the moment) internet censorship and/or disconnection has been a normal occurrence in some regions of the globe.

- - - Updated - - -

If you (Fisker followers and owners) have a way to contact the original reviewer, I would definitely be interested in seeing an updated video. If not by him, perhaps by another owner. It's both interesting and instructive to see how the company has addressed the issues and advanced on the vehicle design and implementation.

Maybe just adding (c) brianman, and then licensing under CC-by-nd or adding a "All rights reserved" note can be a good start.

Re- Genie in the bottle- doesn't work that well. Those who want to communicate and share information will even if it puts them at risk or on a blacklist. The more stops they try to put on it, the more the outliers find a way through even as the average degrades.

I hope Tesla continues to embrace and encourage openness.
GeorgeB's occasional response here is worth gold IMO.

X1188. Sorry if this is terse, sent from my phone.