Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Postponed Tesla Model Y LR delivery questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla Y LR at the end of Nov 22 with a Delivery Date of Dec thru March. I got a VIN# assigned 12/17/22 and a delivery date of 12/23. I called the local Tesla delivery center and they were able to put my only hold (final) until 12/21. I was informed I would enter the que again for delivery.

How likely is it that my order would picked from the que immediately or before end of this year for delivery?

Since its the last part of the quarter and year, my opinion is VERY VERY VERY (very very very) likely you get assigned a vin within 24 hours of your hold expiring, with threats that if you dont pick the car up they will cancel.

Since its the last part of the quarter and year, my opinion is VERY VERY VERY (very very very) likely you get assigned a vin within 24 hours of your hold expiring, with threats that if you dont pick the car up they will cancel.
Not in my case. My final hold was released last Thursday AND I received a text from Tesla that they may not find my configuration this year and if I wanted to take delivery now to call them for other options. So I’m my case, the final vin did not come within 48 hours and im checking the inventory page for my state and nothing!! They are not shipping out of state to my state due to my states laws. Im still waiting for a vin!

Unfortunately I'm located in Northern California within 100 miles of the Fremont factory so delivery/transport must be quick :( I have to sell my other car and take advantage of the tax credit for 2023. Hopefully it works out otherwise I'll be out $250 and place a new order/shop for an available car after Christmas.

Unfortunately I'm located in Northern California within 100 miles of the Fremont factory so delivery/transport must be quick :( I have to sell my other car and take advantage of the tax credit for 2023. Hopefully it works out otherwise I'll be out $250 and place a new order/shop for an available car after Christmas.
If you don’t need the car sure. Passing on the 3750 Tesla rebate and 10,000 miles seems foolish in hopes for an unknown government rebate next year.