Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential Delivery Damage - How Do I Approach?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A4A7D8C9-AC23-4E62-915B-DCF53E6959AB.jpeg 9BE7F1B4-A3C6-4787-92E1-98F1C8D300AD.jpeg

Yesterday, I noticed some scrape damage under the rear of the car on the plastic air diffuser/cover. A retaining nut and some push pins are also missing (no damage to those areas, oddly). IMO, the scrape angles indicate it may have happened during transport/delivery, such as pulling or backing the car off the transport trailer. It clearly looks like asphalt dug into it. I have assured myself I didn’t do this, as I’m always careful to never back up over any curbs. Even so, if this was a curb, the damage wouldn’t have started high and then fade out - the angles just do not support that.

With that all said, I seriously do not expect Tesla will cover it, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to point out to them and ask for help. In y’alls experience, how should I approach this? And if I’m stuck with the bill, does anyone have any costs for these two parts (cover and rear balance)? Thanks for any help in advance.

It's been 3 weeks, so Tesla will probably tell you a lot could happened during that time and they have no way to prove it was you or them. I would be very nice and courtesy. I work in customer service and will definitely work harder to help someone if they are nicer to me.

Reactions: PWlakewood
It's been 3 weeks, so Tesla will probably tell you a lot could happened during that time and they have no way to prove it was you or them. I would be very nice and courtesy. I work in customer service and will definitely work harder to help someone if they are nicer to me.
Being nice will get you alot further than being a jerk.

Reactions: Klau2
Might be tough since it wasnt noted at time of delivery but who knows maybe they will do a courtesy fix/repair/replacement. Did you inspect it when it was delivered?

I did, but to be fair, not many folks literally crawl up under cars when buying a brand new car ;). That should be a standard service by any service center and car dealer in general. It certainly has taught me a lesson going forward as a buyer.

They did secure everything under the car today for free, thankfully. I’m honestly not concerned much with the scrape damage when it boils down to it. It doesn’t harm the functionality.

I wanted to, but my delivery was outside in the rain and wind. I wish the delivery center had a covered area where I could have done this....

Funny you say this, I met a gent charging the other day who stated his delivery was also in the rain, and they pulled it up to the bay door and not inside. When he asked the lady if she wouldn’t mind pulling it in so they could inspect (he also had a baby with him), she scoffed and made some excuse that the door wouldn’t open. He ended up getting soaked. Tesla needs to totally revamp their delivery and service centers. The attitude and superiority complex is gross beyond words. I’d imagine some of that comes from the way they’re treated from corporate - I’d reckon more than half of those folks working there can’t even afford the very car they deliver/fix.

Funny you say this, I met a gent charging the other day who stated his delivery was also in the rain, and they pulled it up to the bay door and not inside. When he asked the lady if she wouldn’t mind pulling it in so they could inspect (he also had a baby with him), she scoffed and made some excuse that the door wouldn’t open. He ended up getting soaked. Tesla needs to totally revamp their delivery and service centers. The attitude and superiority complex is gross beyond words. I’d imagine some of that comes from the way they’re treated from corporate - I’d reckon more than half of those folks working there can’t even afford the very car they deliver/fix.

Half!? I don't think 10 percent can.