Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powered sun shade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doom scrolling through instagram and I cam across this ad. Their quick cut video showed what looked to be a powered retractable shade for the MY. Their site however showed no such thing. Just wondering if anyone has come across anything like this that’s powered. I assume it’s probably from China.

I have a screen captured vid, but it won’t let me post it here. So here’s some screen shots.

Attachments

• IMG_9291.jpeg
    IMG_9291.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_9292.jpeg
    IMG_9292.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9293.jpeg
    IMG_9293.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9294.jpeg
    IMG_9294.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: TallTexGuy
I would love to see Tesla offer something like this from the factory. Our Kia Optima SX had the panoroof and there was a cover similar to this that extended forwards and backwards from the center that was incredible. The idea of photochromatic panels is also appealing but I think this is a better solution. Maybe not as reliable long-term but offers more portion from heat exchange and helps to less cabin noise through sound absorption as well. Not sure the 3/Y would get it (definitely not standard equipment) but I could see Tesla adding it to their flagship S/X line.

Reactions: TallTexGuy and GH77
Never mind. LOL i replaced the word sun with roof in my searches and fount it.

$2500!!!!!!!

Geez, that’s pricey! Anyone with experience putting tinting on the glass roof that they can share? My wife’s tinter told her he won’t do the glass roof because he’s run into past issues with the glass cracking due to the tint???