Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HepaKing Alpine PXE-X121-12EV DSP Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
start of the sound dampening.
IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0869.jpeg

Make sure you have all windows down and pop the frunk. If you’re gonna be spending hours doing the install make sure both the penthouse and 12v is disconnected.
Agreed, I originally had to take the lining out because I had a water leak with my trunk lift.
During the time, I think it drained my 12 V battery so low after about two days, it gave me an error, when I reconnected power. Even after I let it charge overnight, it’s still was an error mode. After I replaced it, the error went away. I then recharged my old battery and it seems to be fine. I think it just got out of sync with the computer. Here it is prior to removal with my optional Koi pond. I had to dry out the lining in my sauna after I removed it . The new Hansshow trunk lift seems a lot better and at least watertight, or it might be that I installed it better this time

IMG_0761.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to go with a red burgundy on the bamboo sub trunk lid. Still have the alpine logo and a few more coats of resin to go.
I finally got all the speakers in. Hopefully I will knock it out this weekend, and provide some detailed installation photos, and maybe a video.
I will also be adding lighting in the sub trunk for backlighting the T. New ABS carbon kickplate speaker grills and other grills will be added.

Hopefully, it will be making some noise by Monday

IMG_1673.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_1661.jpeg

The sub trunk lid will also function as my tailgating table. I am actually considering adding another amp and some outdoor speakers, for the tailgating and camping set up. I wish Tesla would have Bluetooth connectivity to external speakers from their stereo for camping.

My car is too old for the pedestrian warning system, so I guess I just have to add the public address system

IMG_0323.jpeg

Reactions: C-Bus Y
I just added the first coat of the resin. I know this has nothing to do with the stereo but since I’m electrical engineer, the art part is the most baffling to me. I will add another coat after I apply the Alpine vinyl stickers today. I miss some spots with the modge podge. And I’m getting some stain bleed through. Since it is reversible, I think I might go with another color on the flipside. Maybe white on white. Also a picture of my picnic table that has been in my car for about three years now. They hold up amazingly well. The scratches are just in the finish, which is about a quarter inch thick. so it can be buffed and polished if desired. I treat it like a cyber truck, as it has been to Home Depot many times.

IMG_1689.jpeg
IMG_1679.jpeg
IMG_1694.jpeg
IMG_1691.jpeg

I just added the first coat of the resin. I know this has nothing to do with the stereo but since I’m electrical engineer, the art part is the most baffling to me. I will add another coat after I apply the Alpine vinyl stickers today. I miss some spots with the modge podge. And I’m getting some stain bleed through. Since it is reversible, I think I might go with another color on the flipside. Maybe white on white. Also a picture of my picnic table that has been in my car for about three years now. They hold up amazingly well. The scratches are just in the finish, which is about a quarter inch thick. so it can be buffed and polished if desired. I treat it like a cyber truck, as it has been to Home Depot many times.

View attachment 1021404View attachment 1021405View attachment 1021406View attachment 1021407
Nice build but could we possibly keep this page related specifically to the dsp itself? I’m sure there are people looking for specific technical info only related to this topic.

No. Sorry to take up so much megabytes. My plan is to document the full install. This is the jewelbox Lid for the DSP. I will try to provide as much information on the DSP. Right now I’m working on the mounting plate for it and the amp. I will post details on it once I get it complete, whether you’re interested or not.
If you have any advice on the DSP.. this is a critical time! Also, if you have any advice on resin art, I am all ears.
Trying to decide also went to add an external amplifier for tailgating, and whether to make it hardwired or try to Bluetooth and see if I can sync the sound. Any Advice there I still have a little time while the resin is drying
If you’re contribution is only forum etiquette, I am a lost cause there.

Replace the premium subwoofer with the Alpine. Kit came with both a 3-D printed and a CNC wood mount. I if anyone would like the wood one to upgrade the toy that came with your car, just send me your address. It was also good to get the subwoofer out so I could do more noise insulation in the wheel well. I can also properly amount my trunk lift controller. I am considering moving the amplifier to the sub trunk also.

IMG_1741.jpeg
IMG_1757.jpeg

I laid it out to make it a little clearer how the wiring harness works. The red circle is what you would connect to the existing amplifier wires.
The blue connects to the front amplifier. The power wire, to my subwoofer app, and the existing amplifier are not shown, nor the speaker wires for the additional subwoofer. I need to look to see if it would be better to connect it with any optical, connector or only one channel makes sense. I just noticed for the photo I have it wired to the external input for the additional subwoofer amp.

IMG_1782.jpeg
IMG_1785.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg

Progress is a little slower than I hoped. I think this is the way I will mount it. I accidentally closed my rear passenger door. So I get the fun of manually opening that today. The LEDs will be mounted underneath the metal plate. I am out in the plate on 2 inch standoffs. I hope to hide the excess wire under the plate.

IMG_1820.jpeg
IMG_1830.jpeg
IMG_1818.jpeg
IMG_1827.jpeg

Last edited:
It is a quarter inch plate, so I only use three 3/8” mounting screws. The critical wire length is the power wire if you are going to relocate your rear amplifier. I have remounted my trunk opener. I don’t think it will be in the way of my subwoofer, but I haven’t put it in yet.
IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1834.jpeg
IMG_1840.jpeg

I will be out of town for a couple days so it will be probably this weekend before I can send the DSP configuration.
It is taking me a lot longer to install all the rivnuts for mounting the equipment.
I decided to add a vertical plate to hide the LED lights.
So I went ahead and coated it with resin also.
Still time for the forum logo.

IMG_1844.jpeg
IMG_1845.jpeg