Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powered sunshade (Hansshow Model Y Integrated Electric Retractable Glass Roof Sunshade)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought about getting this at one point, but decided against it for two reasons... price and lost of area around the side. A non-powered one is much cheaper, but still loses area around the side.

Eventually, I gave up and just got some more basic shades (https://a.co/d/gcvDEWM). Well, it's a 4 piece shade, so not absolutely basic. It's two layers and split in half to keep it from sagging down too much as it ages. One layer is a screen type, so it blocks some sun. I keep this one on. The other layer is the reflective type, which I haven't bothered with since I got it almost a year ago.

Just the screen is a passable compromise for lessening the amount of heat from sunlight coming through the roof glass and the ability to still see up and out through it.

• Love
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace
I thought about getting this at one point, but decided against it for two reasons... price and lost of area around the side. A non-powered one is much cheaper, but still loses area around the side.

Eventually, I gave up and just got some more basic shades (https://a.co/d/gcvDEWM). Well, it's a 4 piece shade, so not absolutely basic. It's two layers and split in half to keep it from sagging down too much as it ages. One layer is a screen type, so it blocks some sun. I keep this one on. The other layer is the reflective type, which I haven't bothered with since I got it almost a year ago.

Just the screen is a passable compromise for lessening the amount of heat from sunlight coming through the roof glass and the ability to still see up and out through it.
What do you mean lost area around the side?

Reactions: VipinLJ
The retractable shade is interesting. I have a basic sunshade in our MYLR (with black interior). It's similar to the one linked above from Amazon. It works fine. We don't have any sunshade in our MYP (with white interior). I've parked both out in the sun on an 85° day and the interior of the MYLR was a couple of degrees cooler than the MYP according to the app. It's obviously not as good as a proper roof or even the retractable sunshade for the MY.

Only reason I didn't get the retractable sunshade was the installation. I'm someone with minimal patience and from the videos I've seen, installing the retractable sunshade will absolutely tear my patience and might result in some broken clips.

• Love
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace
I got both the powered and snap in, I've got a bunch of after market stuff that will require serious panel removal, just getting the right time to do it. was hoping some one that installed the powered shade would jump in with good the bad and the ugly, not a easy response of hea look youtube, but not experience