Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerflow on App no longer working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured out what was causing my Powerwall "problem". I don't know if it was related to an app update, the network issue over the weekend or accidentally touching the wrong button when adjusting my Price Schedule. Anyhow, I found that my setting had changed from Balanced to Cost Saving. That allowed the Powerwalls to only charge to ~50% every day and then sent everything to the grid. I switched it back to Balanced and now they are charging "normally" and powering the house about 20 hours a day. :oops:

I figured out what was causing my Powerwall "problem". I don't know if it was related to an app update, the network issue over the weekend or accidentally touching the wrong button when adjusting my Price Schedule. Anyhow, I found that my setting had changed from Balanced to Cost Saving. That allowed the Powerwalls to only charge to ~50% every day and then sent everything to the grid. I switched it back to Balanced and now they are charging "normally" and powering the house about 20 hours a day. :oops:
I stopped using Cost Saving for the same reason - they just stop charging when they feel they have "enough" SOC for the upcoming Peak period. My weekday generation is all during Part-Peak so they run down to the what the system feels is enough, then they only charge up to full on the weekend when there is only Off-Peak and a short Peak period. Now with Balanced, they seem to be trying to get to 100% right when the Peak period starts. I like that a whole lot better. Of course, with my small solar system, there will not be enough generation to get them back to full each day in the Winter and it will just bounce off the Reserve each day.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Search for "Whole Home Reset" - I just posted a thread after I got guided through that step by TESLA a few days ago. It started with my TESLA app no longer showing any energy flow. 24 hours after the Whole Home Reset, my energy flow was registering again.