Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2: SGIP/Incentives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to fill-out the SGIP application beginning with the RRF and was wondering what people used for the Energy Efficiency Audit documentation requirement. Did you higher an independent licensed contractor to perform the audit or did your utilities offer a free service of this kind or did Tesla perform this service for you?

I'm starting to fill-out the SGIP application beginning with the RRF and was wondering what people used for the Energy Efficiency Audit documentation requirement. Did you higher an independent licensed contractor to perform the audit or did your utilities offer a free service of this kind or did Tesla perform this service for you?
I will send you a link later this evening to a government website where you can fill out a form and it will generate it for you.

I just want to give an update for those that are thinking about self-submitting their own rebate application. Before you can apply for your rebate, you have to first fill out an application to become a developer. The Developer can either be the actual contracting firm that is installing your battery (i.e., Tesla) or the homeowner who is self-applying for the rebate. This Developer's application changed recently. It is more detailed and specific. It was suppose to take effect starting with step 3. But they are asking everyone now to fill out this new application. I don't know if it would work to get them to let you use the old application, if you tell them you are applying to be a developer and submitting your application for step 2.
Although this application is more detailed, the SGIP program administrators seem to make a clear distinction between homeowner and contracting firm. They seem to have different expectations for homeowners filling out the application than for firms filling out the application but I really don't know. Please post on this forum site your experiences with the Developers Applications or any info you get from the SGIP administrators concerning the developers application process. Also, don't ask Tesla for help. They have gone beyond just being unhelpful to threatening to not do your install.

Although this application is more detailed, the SGIP program administrators seem to make a clear distinction between homeowner and contracting firm. They seem to have different expectations for homeowners filling out the application than for firms filling out the application but I really don't know. Please post on this forum site your experiences with the Developers Applications or any info you get from the SGIP administrators concerning the developers application process. Also, don't ask Tesla for help. They have gone beyond just being unhelpful to threatening to not do your install.
Thanks!

I don't know what Tesla is afraid of with all of that back-logging of orders, non-responsive contacts, taking your deposit-money first before anything else, ...

In our case, with our order for two Powerwalls, I feel that Tesla has been responsive, and I have no complaints. Our permit was just granted and we are about to get on the installation schedule. Since Tesla has told me that they will be handling our SGIP application, I’ll let them do the work, even if the incentive amount ends up being a bit lower than one might be able to get as a “homeowner developer”.

In our case, with our order for two Powerwalls, I feel that Tesla has been responsive, and I have no complaints. Our permit was just granted and we are about to get on the installation schedule. Since Tesla has told me that they will be handling our SGIP application, I’ll let them do the work, even if the incentive amount ends up being a bit lower than one might be able to get as a “homeowner developer”.
I should clarify, Tesla has been okay when communicating with them about the project itself. But they don't want to communicate with you if you are a homeowner and self applying for the rebate. They don't want you to do it and they don't want to help you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ampster
I should clarify, Tesla has been okay when communicating with them about the project itself. But they don't want to communicate with you if you are a homeowner and self applying for the rebate. They don't want you to do it and they don't want to help you.

I just got my SGIP bounced because I don't have TESLA Preliminary Monitoring Plan V2

Does anyone have a copy of this document?

I just got my SGIP bounced because I don't have TESLA Preliminary Monitoring Plan V2

I only have unofficial confirmation that my application is approved. I followed very closely the template offered on the SGIP website. But I am with SCE. PG&E seems to be more strict. Let us know your progress.

Here's what PGE is asking for : Without it they won't approve me.
---//////
· Preliminary/ Proposed Monitoring Plan- Please upload the latest TESLA Preliminary Monitoring Plan V2. The current PMP is invalid. Please contact Tesla for the PMP.

/////////

I doubt Tesla will give it to me, they don't seem to be helpful, though I don't know why. If you could share what you used for the above, I'd be grateful.

Dan

It is very likely the analyst processing your application misspoke and meant YOUR Preliminary Monitoring Plan. You must understand the analyst sees DOZENS of TESLA PMPs, but you are only 1 of 3 homeowners applying as homeowner developers in the PG&E region.

Reactions: MP3Mike
It is very likely the analyst processing your application misspoke and meant YOUR Preliminary Monitoring Plan. You must understand the analyst sees DOZENS of TESLA PMPs, but you are only 1 of 3 homeowners applying as homeowner developers in the PG&E region.
Read the quote on my message no 394. That was cut and pasted from an email sent by SGIP/PGE. I don't think they misspoke.

Does anyone know what to use for the following when submitting an application to be a developer?

1. Articles of Incorporation
2. Certificate of Incorporation
3. Operating agreements or similar applicable organizational documents of Developer and most current financial statements.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Does anyone know what to use for the following when submitting an application to be a developer?

1. Articles of Incorporation
2. Certificate of Incorporation
3. Operating agreements or similar applicable organizational documents of Developer and most current financial statements.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
As a homeowner, you shouldn't need to fill that out. This if for firm and contractor Developers, not the homeowner applicant. I sent an email to an SGIP program manager asking her to clarify how the homeowner applicant is suppose to fill out this form. I told her I would like to post her answer on this forum. If I hear back from her I will post. Please also contact the SGIP program administrators so they realize that their new application is confusing for the homeowner.