Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PowerWall Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has all but forgotten their PW2; some say 2019 is best case scenario as they save all those batteries for the EVs. I reserved PW1 on day one; never heard a thing, ever. I put down a $500 deposit on PW2 on day one; never heard a thing. I called and called about PW2, and was told more than a year ago that it would be coming "in a month or two." I think I was misled. But, hey, I've also been waiting almost 1,000 days for my 3, where I also put down $1,000 before I even saw what the 3 looked like at their reveal. I'm heading to TESLA-rehab this afternoon, as clearly this company's cool products have driven me insane.

I’ve been told I’ll be getting my three in January (2019). I was explicitly told not to ‘contract’ for them last March when I started ordering panels as they would have had to wait for the PWs to be available to install all at the same time, so this ‘split contract’ is interesting. :D

I reserved them the normal way and my TE salesperson is keeping track of where they are in the process. When the panels were installed, that may have given me some sort of priority. Who knows. Also a car owner (twice). So who knows what all that adds up to!

How does the split contract effect using the federal ITC? I was under the impression that the powerwalk had to be part of the whole package for those costs to qualify.
There was a Private Letter Ruling this year that stated that a 100% renewable charged battery system installed alone (different tax year than the solar) does qualify for the ITC and prior ITC credits for solar power systems do not affect its eligibility.
PLRs come with a bunch of caveats, but my position is that if they came to this conclusion for that taxpayer's situation, which is identical to mine, I will take the credit on the assumption that, under audit, the IRS would reach the same conclusion from the same situation and facts.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-wd/201809003.pdf

To the original poster mmvasu, I am in the NY Hudson Valley. I ordered solar and two Powerwalls from Tesla/Solar City in early-May this year and they were installed on October 5th. They originally estimated September availability, then notified me in August that it was slipping to "early 2019"....at which point I pretty much lost my mind and began the escalation process. I would have probably cancelled if they made me wait until next year.

My area is serviced out of the Newburgh NY area regional office (Solar City). The crew that did the install was great. They said their office is banging them out ...10+ installs per week, and that inventory has caught up with demand. They also said they have pretty much worked out all the bugs at this point and it's all plug and play. They installed 2 Powerwalls and a 6.5KW capacity array on my roof in about 6 hours (crew of 8 guys....all Tesla employees). Top notch workmanship and clearly they all were pro's.

As an FYI, it was 100% worth the wait. I am in love with this system. Really couldn't be any happier. Sure, there are a couple of design changes I would like to see, but the only issue for me has been the lack cell phone signal at my home which forces the system to communicate with Tesla exclusively through my broadband internet service. So if I lose service from my ISP, I have no way to monitor and control the system, and Tesla has no way to do remote diagnostics or updates. I am currently working an escalation on this issue now with Tesla and fully expect them to come and install a signal amplifier at their expense.

Hang in there. It is worth the wait.

What bothers me in California is that I can't contact anyone. I have tried web page, phone to Tesla, Phone to "Steve" at Tesla Energy, and never any answer. I have heard from forums that Powerwalls are now available, but??????? I ordered 3 to completely run my home, but I already have Solar, which it seems they really want to do along with Powerwall. Does anyone have a magic phone number for Powerwall in CA? Although Steve said he was in Nevada.

No one returns calls. Heck, no one answers phone. Was on hold 30 min twice today, they don't give an estimated answer time, just "music" while you wait, so no idea how long it might have been.

Same in Chicago. Tesla is not returning phone calls when it is about PowerWalls. One local company gave me a verbal quote at double the list price for an install four months in the future. I wanted to get Tesla's view on this deal but it is impossible to get anyone to return a call.

What bothers me in California is that I can't contact anyone. I have tried web page, phone to Tesla, Phone to "Steve" at Tesla Energy, and never any answer. I have heard from forums that Powerwalls are now available, but??????? I ordered 3 to completely run my home, but I already have Solar, which it seems they really want to do along with Powerwall. Does anyone have a magic phone number for Powerwall in CA?

Where in California? Solar Optimum in SoCal is a Tesla certified installer and they claim to have 500+ PWs in stock.

If you call there, tell them I sent you. (won't do anything but make me look good... ;)

I am in CT and have been waiting since 2017. I have solar panels already installed (not Tesla, so that went fast), permits done, just waiting for Powerwall installation. Was told August, then October, now January 2019.
Can you send me some from California? I will take two. Thank you.
By the way, so far, I have been dealing with five different Tesla advisors. Turnover rate is about five months.

I got a Model 3 sales call a few weeks back and they said that I could get a powerwall in Illinois if I ordered Tesla solar panels as well. I mentioned that already have solar panels. He then said that he did not think he could sell me a powerwall but an Energy expert would call me back. Similar to the last five times I was promised a call back from an energy expert this never happened.

I have been trying to buy a powerwall for over three years now (first waiting list for Powerwall 1 and put a deposit down for Powerwall 2 on the first day). I am really starting to wonder if it will ever be possible to get one.