Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall FW 23.36.1 bricked my PW2, again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

YRide

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2022
San Jose, CA
I have a 4x PW system (2x PW+ and 2x PW2) and previously when Telsa pushed the 23.28.x updates to fix the arc fault issues they were seeing on PV systems…I had some issues with PV generation, followed by one of my PW2’s getting “stuck” updating its FW (the other three PW’s updated fine and were operational).

It actually took Tesla about 1mo to fix the PW FW issue…I didn’t catch it for about 2 weeks, then Tesla took a week to send the first truck roll which couldn’t fix it, and then a second truck roll a week later. Finally, after directly connecting to the PW with issue, they were able to get it updated an operational…but lost a PW for a month, meaning 25% of my ability to export during peak hours.

Anyways, Tesla just pushed 23.36.1 to my system…and voila…that same PW2 appears to now be stuck in an updating state. Is anyone else having similar issues?

And in general, do people know what changed in 23.36.1?

Reactions: SteveV
I noticed immediately (within 2 hrs after update) I have no more use of my 4 Powerwalls after this update. They won't charge or power my home. They are just slowly discharging. Tesla support chat said that Tier 2 would contact me and that was the end their communication for the moment. I haven't heard anything more nor has the system been restored.The ticket seems to still be open within the app, but no update. Will give it 24 hrs to see what they do.

Reactions: YRide
I’ve got a ticket open with Tier 2 but they are saying 10-15 days response from Monday of last week (assuming that us biz days).

It does appear they downgraded my FW somehow to 23.28.2, it looks like that happened sometime Friday.

I noticed my power flow in early this AM was 60kWh, which would correlate to the 4x / 54kWh being operational again. So maybe it’s fixed?

10 to 15 days to simply apply a software patch is so disappointing but thanks for the info so I can set my expectations.
10-15 days was there comment on filing. It was applied remotely after 5 biz days. And it wasn’t a patch, it appears they rolled me back to 23.28.2 from 23.36.1.

More annoying is that that they don’t really communicate what is going on.

Anyways, I’m happy it’s resolved, again, for now.