Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall not exporting at full rate on Flux

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently switched from Octopus Intelligent to Octopus Flux. I have solar and a Powerwall, and have programmed the import and export rates for my region.

The issue I have is that in the peak period, 4pm to 7pm, the Powerwall only matches the house demand, and just the solar is exported.

Screenshot_2023-04-10-16-03-31-77_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg

The behaviour I was expecting was for the Powerwall to export at the full 5kW, less any differential between the solar generation and house consumption.

I don't have the option in the Tesla app to enable grid export, which may be the problem here. Additionally, in the Powerwall setup options, grid export only has the option of no export, or solar only.

Screenshot_2023-04-10-10-27-48-99_e5499a8bbc7bd1843f300575db352ab7.jpg

I do have G99 approval for export from the Powerwall.

Does anyone have any experience of how I can go about enabling grid export? Should it be Tesla I need to contact, or the installer? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Not being able to export at the full rate affects the financial vitality of Flux Vs Go, or Intelligent.

I've recently switched from Octopus Intelligent to Octopus Flux. I have solar and a Powerwall, and have programmed the import and export rates for my region.

The issue I have is that in the peak period, 4pm to 7pm, the Powerwall only matches the house demand, and just the solar is exported.

View attachment 926856

The behaviour I was expecting was for the Powerwall to export at the full 5kW, less any differential between the solar generation and house consumption.

I don't have the option in the Tesla app to enable grid export, which may be the problem here. Additionally, in the Powerwall setup options, grid export only has the option of no export, or solar only.

View attachment 926857

I do have G99 approval for export from the Powerwall.

Does anyone have any experience of how I can go about enabling grid export? Should it be Tesla I need to contact, or the installer? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Not being able to export at the full rate affects the financial vitality of Flux Vs Go, or Intelligent.
Hi

Currently, only users who were on the Tesla Energy Plan (now stopped) can export.
Its understood that the Export feature will be added to all users in an app update very soon.

Also, if you have never exported with Octopus before, the need to app for an Outgoing MPAN.
For me, this took a few weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: KennethS
I had to contact Tesla support. They needed confirmation of the DNO export limit on the installation, 7.4kW in my case, before they would set it up. After I provided the info, the options to export appeared in a few hours. Just need Octopus to set up my outgoing MPAN to get the benefit. Has been a week now, they said it could be up to four weeks.

Try [email protected]

Reactions: aaronr